College Director for the Center for Innovative Pedagogy
The College Director for the Center for Innovative Pedagogy is a central administration position that reports to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and is responsible for providing innovative leadership for e-learning and library-based educational resources, including distance education and instructional innovations.
Responsibilities for the College Director for the Center for Innovative Pedagogy are the following:
- collaborates with campus personnel to initiate and support professional development programs for faculty and staff in the use of innovative instructional technology as it relates to e-learning, distance education, online learning, and technology enhanced delivery of instruction;
- provides leadership in the use of e-learning, distance-learning and online delivery systems and methodologies for courses;
- provides assistance to campus personnel in areas related to advancing e-learning and other technology based innovative pedagogies;
- supervises and evaluates personnel assigned to the Center for Innovative Pedagogy;
- makes recommendations to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, and in consultation with the Office of Information Technology, for the implementation of academic, technology-related, strategic initiatives, related to online learning, distance education and all facets of e-learning;
- develops, implements, and ensures adherence to instructional technology and e-learning policies and procedures in collaboration with the Office of Information Technology and the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs;
- in collaboration with the Dean of Instruction for Assessment and Accreditation and the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs supports the monitoring of compliance requirements of distance education, online learning, e-learning and other innovative pedagogies as they relate to accreditation, and state and federal regulations
- chairs the Distance Education Committee, serves as a member of the College Computing Council, and serves on other committees as assigned;
- develops and administers a college budget to support functions and goals of the Center for Innovative Pedagogy;
- develops initiatives that support the strategic plan, vision, and mission of the college;
- performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.