Assistant Professor of Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Case Management
Fort Valley State University invites applications for a tenure-track, full-time, 10-month academic year Assistant Professor position available starting August 1st, 2017 in the Department of Counseling and the Rehabilitation and Counseling & Case Management. The Department supports face-to-face, blended and distance learning environments. Summer teaching is available based on individual requests and programmatic needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach graduate courses, including supervision of practicum and internships. Possible areas of teaching may include: medical and psychosocial/psychiatric aspects of disability: individual, family and group counseling theory and techniques; psychological evaluation and diagnosis; and research and program evaluation;
- A full-time teaching load for a faculty member is 9 credits per semester. Faculty members use a variety of instructional technology including blended and distance learning applications. The teaching assignment will depend on departmental and programmatic needs and individual expertise;
- Participate in faculty governance, curriculum development, recruitment, student advisement, scholarly research, program-level assessment of student learning, program accreditation activities and professional service activities including chosen and assigned committee work.
- Maintain a minimum of 10 office hours per week.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate in Rehabilitation, Counselor Education or closely related counseling area Education from a CORE or CACREP accredited program;
- Must have or be eligible for the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) credential
- Two (2) years paid work experience serving a wide range of persons with disabilities, not including practicum and/or internship experiences;
- Consideration will be given to candidates who are ABD, although doctorate and CRC credentialsmust be completed within one year of the contract start date.
- Licensed as a Professional Counselor or LPC eligible;
- Successful teaching experience at the graduate level;
- Distance learning teaching experience;
- Potential for professional and scholarly productivity;
- Ability to meet Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements
Occassional travel may be required; evening/night/weekend work as needed; climate controlled environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.