SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Directs and organizes all general accounting activities. Prepares accounting and financial reports. Ensures completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of accounting records. Also ensures accounting systems are in control and takes necessary steps to minimize risk to the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company's and established accounting principles; controls all changes to chart of accounts. Responsible for monthly and year-end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries.
- Responsible for maintaining computerized accounting system, backup control, assisting staff with questions and printing of computer generated reports and statements.
- Administers preparation of interim, year-end, and comparative financial reports; performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget. Prepares required government reports as directed by the President and responds to inquiries as necessary.
- Stays current with developments, practice trends, and promulgations in the accounting profession; monitors accounting systems and recommends new or revised policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems; maintains integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
- Responsible for review and preparation of payroll records and processing of union and non-union payroll checks and reports by outside payroll service.
- Responsible for review and preparation of certified payroll reports for each project.
- Responsible for review and preparation of worker's compensation (WC) reports and processing of WC payments.
- Responsible for review and preparation of monthly owner and/or contractor controlled insurance (OCIP and/or CCIP).
- Responsible for review and preparation of union and non-union fringe benefit report and payments.
- * Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items.
- Assists the President in coordinating the year-end financial audit and preparing schedules and documents for independent (third-party) auditors.
- Maintain other accounts and performs other accounting duties, as required or requested by the President.
A/P DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices. Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions, and applicable discounts. Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger; determines dates for invoices to be paid; keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system. Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- On a weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special check requests with Controller, prints approved checks, prepare and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices "Paid" and files in permanent records.
- Prints, verifies, and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Receives and answers phone calls from vendors or other departments in regard to payment status of invoices.A/R DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare monthly billing for each project with project manager. Prepare conditional and unconditional waivers.
- Codes monthly billing with account numbers by job cost code, input monthly billing into computerized project management system. Prints billing invoices daily and mails to customer.
- Prints monthly statements and sends to customers. Prints, verifies, and maintains accounts receivable invoice records, sales and cost of sales reports, open and aging reports, and journals.
- Receives checks and prepare deposit slips. Prepares and keys remittance advices for posting checks received. Updates and reviews aged receivables for unpaid balances.
- Verifies monthly totals of billing distribution, billing history, returns, and allowances and cash receipts journal. Coordinates closing with General Accounting Manager.
- Communicates with customers regarding their billing and assists the President with collections.
Reports directly to the President.
A college degree is preferred BA or AA; a major in Accounting is preferred. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential, as are good leadership skills. Familiarity with commonly-used accounting and spreadsheet applications (e.g., Quickbooks, Excel) is required.
Ability to communicate orally with board of directors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision, and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines. Also included is the ability to open and close common business filing cabinets.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Must be able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance (ANOVA), correlation techniques, and sampling theory, as well as know algebra, linear equations, and other analytics. Must be able to understand and utilize common financial reports and legal documents.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer and/or calculator.
Job Type: Full-time
- Oakland, CA
- construction accounting: 3 years
- Quickbooks: 3 years
- Accounting: 5 years
We have set up application questions for your job.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Are you in Oakland, CA?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's?
- How many years of construction accounting experience do you have?
- How many years of Quickbooks experience do you have?
- How many years of Accounting experience do you have?
DAL Technology, Inc. (DAL) is an electrical contracting and electrical engineering firm located in Oakland California. DAL performs commercial and industrial electrical services.
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 20:19:13 PDT