6290 Resource Manager (Administrator I), College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts - Dean's O
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on April 13, 2017. To receive full consideration, apply by April 12, 2017. The position will remain open until filled. The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This position is in the Management Personnel Plan (Administrator I) and earns management benefits including medical, dental, vision, $100,000 life insurance plan, and the CalPERS pension plan. For more information on benefits included for this position, please see the benefits summary.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, at will position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but may vary based on operational needs.
The Resource Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts State and non-State fiscal resources, providing analysis of fiscal spending patterns, forecasting and evaluating cost effectiveness, and providing administrative human resources support. The incumbent oversees faculty appointment processes, including part-time lecturer appointments and reappointments, and all aspects of tenure track searches and hiring. In conjunction with the Associate Dean, acts as a college liaison with the Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
For more information regarding College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $70,000 per year. CSU Classification Salary Range: $29,292 - $103,236 per year. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training and administrative experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in the content and expertise areas related to this position.
- Experience with fiscal management and budget preparation, analysis and projections.
- Supervisory/personnel management experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Ability to develop, implement, and maintain specialized browser-based databases (Access or similar) that will provide current financial, budgetary, faculty salary and employment history, and other relevant information to the Associate Dean and Dean.
- Experience working in a higher education or public sector setting.
- Experience working in the California State University system.
- Experience coordinating with SDSU departments, SDSU Research Foundation, and outside agencies.
- Experience interpreting and applying faculty and staff collective bargaining agreements.
- Experience supervising staff in a collective bargaining environment.
- Experience addressing working to resolve complex human resources issues.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in determining efficiency within a budget and planning structure.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.