Construction Project Manager
We are an industrial design/build firm which operates under a project based organization. Our project managers are well versed in design development, estimating, schedule management, budget control, scope containment, and safety/compliance. At EES Companies, the project manager owns the project and is responsible for every aspect of the success/failure of the project. The PM must be capable of managing multiple construction projects simultaneously through the use of EES Companies construction personnel and subcontractor personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend client bid meetings and visit job sites to measure existing conditions as needed for designs, prepare estimates, and develop bid scope for subcontractors.
- Direct the estimating team to develop construction estimates. Oversee and/or prepare manpower loaded project schedules. Prepare cash flow reports. Prepare and submit professional proposals.
- Direct the development of sales drawings, design, field erection drawings. Work with in-house design staff, outside design professionals, and outside consultants to develop designs and specifications.
- Procure materials, equipment, and services for projects and monitor for timely delivery.
- Prepare project reports and review with management and clients.
- Participate in the execution of the company safety program on job sites.
Responsible for EES Companies field personnel and subcontractors under contract with EES Companies.
Working knowledge of agricultural product handling principles, conveying systems, site & civil layout, concrete details, structural details, electrical distribution & layout and general construction techniques.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, MS Project, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- A background in construction safety
- A proven record in managing construction projects
- Experience in scheduling job resources
- Estimating experience
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer a degree in construction management or engineering.
- Position requires 7 years of hands-on construction field experience with a thorough knowledge site work, utility installation, concrete, steel erection, conveying, dust control, pre-engineered buildings, and electrical
- Position requires 5 years experience managing personnel
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- OSHA 1920 30-hour certification
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to perform triangulation.
Passing a drug-screening test is a requirement of this job. Routine and random drug testing and testing after accidents are requirements of this job.
Employee will be expected to work in both the office and job site environment. Travel requirements will be extensive. Employee will often be required to work extended hours and for extended periods of time in the field without returning home. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. Visits to jobsites will involve typical dirt, noise, cold, and heat associated with a construction jobsite. PPE will be required at job sites.
EES Companies is a Design/Build firm specializing in Ag processing facilities and equipment. Company structure includes the equipment product line sales group, design group, construction management group, and the field construction crews.
We offer the highest value to our clients when we offer a complete EPC package with engineering, procurement, and construction.
We are a small company and the key players wear many hats and have high levels of responsibility and authority.
Des Moines, IA
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:29:54 PDT