Desktop Support Technician
We are seeking to fill the entry/Mid level position of Desktop Support Technician/CCTV Tech. The position starts a contract position with the potential of a permanent position within 90 days. Company and job performance is key to getting a full-time permanent position.
The Desktop Support Technician/CCTV Tech will work with clients to resolve technical issues and various support. This position is responsible for install and resolving technical issues/incidents related to end user computing devices including PC / MAC/tablets, peripherals, software and CCTV/Security Camera Systems. Company Vehicle and Cell Phone is available.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Incident Support - Provide resolution to incidents involving end user computing devices, software, output devices and other technologies CCTV / Security Camera Systems. This includes troubleshooting basic network issues related to DNS, DHCP, printer servers, etc.
- Assigned Tasks - Complete tasks assigned related to the support and troubleshooting of desktop hardware/software, output devices, and other technologies. Troubleshoot/support printers, including networked printers and print servers. Maintain associated documentation.
- Project Support - Participate in projects related to desktop hardware/software, output devices, and store/field office technologies. Including hardware deployments. Coordinate with the other team members.Project Support - Participate in projects related to desktop hardware/software, output devices, and store/field office technologies. Including hardware deployments. Coordinate with the other team members.
- Proactive Support Initiatives - Engage customers and evaluate system and devices to prevent incidents related to desktop hardware/software output devices and store/field office and DC technologies. Research and recommend new technologies related to PC and printing devices.
- Travel around the Houston Metro area mostly around NW Houston. Occasional travel to other cities in Texas required.
- Support and planning/testing of internal application deployment of Home Office, Stores and DC environments.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years applicable experience
- Full Background Check & Drug Test Required. Also, must have Clean Driving Record.
- A+ certifications preferred
- Extensive skills related to the operation and troubleshooting of desktop systems and software.
- Preferred Experience with CCTV / Security Camera Systems - Training Available.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and their use.
- Strong understanding of networks and equipment related to the networking of desktop and workgroup devices.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Preferred, MAC OSX experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs or heavier with assistance from another team member.
- Ability to move and disassemble technology devices.
- Ability to do desk setup both above and below the desk to connect/disconnect technology equipment.
We are a Small Local Family Owned Computer Services & Security Camera Company located NW Houston, Texas. We are growing fast and need to hire an individual to serve as a Desktop Support Tech. Also, we will train as a Security Camera/CCTV Tech. We are Fully licensed and insured with an excellent reputation in our community.
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 12:56:46 PDT