Computer Science Faculty Member
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The full-time Computer Science Faculty position, to be filled for the 2017 Fall Semester, includes responsibility for the following:
1. Teach the equivalent of five (5) sections each semester from the Department’s offerings and provide classroom instruction in computer science and related technologies to a diverse student population enrolled in associate degree and certificate programs.
2. Establish and maintain an advisory board for the computer science program.
3. Serve as an academic advisor to approximately 18 students.
4. Hold a minimum of four (4) office hours per week.
5. Serve on department and college committees.
6. Participate actively in department evaluation, development and implementation of lecture and laboratory curriculum.
7. Maximize relevancy and curriculum outcomes by utilizing an interdisciplinary approach to program development.
8. Develop additional courses as required.
1. Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering from an accredited institution.
2. Relevant work experience in a computer science/engineering/software development capacity.
3. Strong background in modern software programming languages.
4. Commitment to the community college philosophy.
5. Ability to thrive in a dynamic teaching/learning community requiring flexibility, adaptability and teamwork.
6. Record of excellence in teaching freshman and sophomore college level courses.
7. Experience with innovative instructional strategies that support student success.
8. Demonstrated ability in curriculum development, assessment of student learning outcomes and instructional strategies that include laboratory experiences, field-based experiential learning, integration of technology, and service learning in face-to-face and web-based formats.
9. Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
10. Ability to meet the challenge of a broad curriculum and a student body with diverse abilities, interests and backgrounds.
11. Potential to make significant contributions to curriculum development.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Experience with, an appreciation for, and a commitment to working in a global, multicultural academic setting.
2. Experience with the integration of technology and alternative delivery systems of instruction in the teaching-learning process.
COMPENSATION: Full-time MCCC Unit position. Salary to be determined by a formula-based classification system, dependent upon education and experience (Master’s degree alone merits base salary of $45,996). Position includes participation in a comprehensive employee benefits program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 1, 2017