Reporting to the Associate Director of Student Services and Outreach, the Admissions Coordinator is responsible for: managing the application and admissions processes, and being the primary public interface with all Continuing Studies prospective students with the goal of increasing enrollments. Current Continuing Studies programs include Graduate Liberal Studies (degree and non-degree), undergraduate Summer Session and Winter Session, Wesleyan PreCollege Study, and undergraduate Community Scholars.
• Cultivate relationships with prospective students via phone, email, and in-person meetings; monitor and reply to all prospective student inquiries
• Independently manage all aspects of the admissions process: communicate with prospects about admission deadlines and requirements, upload transcripts and other documents to student files, prep applications and schedule application review for Admissions Committees
• Serve on admissions committee and release admissions decisions to applicants
• Research and propose strategic initiatives for increasing program exposure to new and current target markets
• Collaborate with Marketing Team to maximize effectiveness of advertising spend and social media strategy
• Utilize research to exhibit, host information sessions, and meet with prospective students at fairs, events, and corporate offices in Connecticut and the New England region.
• Implement, maintain and update prospect CRM (Slate); analyze and report on prospective student data
• Manage, update, make revisions to and report on all outgoing mass-communications in Slate
• Interface with applicants to troubleshoot application issues
• Plan and host on-campus information sessions and recruiting
• Other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in customer service, sales, higher education or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Excellent writing and grammar skills.
Professional expertise with MS Word, Excel, email and online research tools.
Experience with database/CRM software.
Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Strong high-touch customer service skills required.
Must be adaptable, self-motivated and able to take initiative.
Local travel during business hours required. Must be able to obtain or currently possess a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to work evening and weekend hours as required.
Experience with engaging and extempore public speaking.
Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact openly with individuals of different backgrounds.
Interest in continuing education and non-traditional undergraduate study options.
Previous experience working in higher education or other institutional enrollment or admissions management.
Proven knowledge of electronic bulk mail programs, data analysis, and experience using a professional grade CRM or admissions database.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Antonio Farias, VP for Equity & Inclusion, Title IX and ADA/504 Officer, 860-685-4771, email@example.com.