Requisition # 2017-7302
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 3/22/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Office of the President seeks a motivated and talented individual to perform an important administrative role in the daily operations of a collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, with a particular focus on facilitating the flow of correspondence and communications, and ensuring that information is appropriately documented, filed, and archived.
- Facilitate the flow and management of correspondence, including: scanning incoming and outgoing mail; forwarding and distributing mail to the appropriate parties across the University; mailing outgoing correspondence; and maintaining an electronic correspondence and contacts database. (25%)
- Assist with the efficient preparation and distribution of confidential and sensitive correspondence, including formatting and proofreading letters and memos for the President's signature. (20%)
- Provide daily coverage for the Receptionist during breaks, assisting callers and greeting visitors in the front office. (15%)
- Create, organize, and maintain extensive paper and electronic filing system; manage process for archiving or disposal of files. (10%)
- Format scripted remarks for the President with efficiency and accuracy. (10%)
- Update and maintain an accurate list of pending and completed letters, flagging correspondence in the pipeline that affects or relates to upcoming meetings, events, and travel. (5%)
- Assist colleagues in the Office of the President with invoice processing and reconciliation of expenses, as needed. (5%)
- Provide occasional calendaring and scheduling support. (5%)
- Undertake special projects and perform other duties as assigned. (5%)
- High school degree and three years of relevant professional experience, or a Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism and initiative
- Strong work ethic; attention to detail; commitment to completing work on a timely basis and at the highest level of accuracy and quality
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willingness to learn new applications and programs
- Highest level of professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and tact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions based on established policies and procedures in supervisor's absence
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment, and to respond quickly to changing needs and priorities
- Ability to produce high-quality and compelling work product under tight deadlines
- Experience working in a higher education institution
- Familiarity with University policies, procedures, and administrative structure
- Ability to represent the Office of the President with a pleasant and professional demeanor to senior administrators, trustees, alumni, students, University colleagues, and others
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us!
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.