Lead Mobile Developer/Analyst I
Requisition # 2017-7274
Department Administrative Info Services
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 3/15/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
Princeton University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) seeks a Lead Mobile Developer/Analyst I to join its Custom Solutions and Integration (CSI) group. The Lead Mobile Developer/Analyst is a member of the team responsible for supporting custom mobile and web applications from concept and design to delivery and end-of-life. This position develops solutions derived from customer needs analysis and requirements gathering sessions. Duties also include continued customer support and application maintenance and administration. This position works under the direct supervision of senior staff and the Associate Director of the Custom Solution and Integration (CSI) group.
- Works closely with OIT staff and project teams to design, code, test, debug and perform quality assurance reviews for custom mobile and web applications
- Writes clean and sustainable code and supporting documentation, using technology standards established and endorsed by the CSI team
- Supports the full life-cycle of custom applications from concept to end-of-life
- Creates, modifies and supports custom applications that meet customer requirements
- Participates in the business requirements gathering process for CSI projects
- Collaborates with the CSI team to establish technical standards for new technologies through research, evaluation and proof-of-concept
- Works on special projects as assigned by the manager of CSI
This is a two year, benefits eligible term position.
- 5 years of experience as a full-stack developer that includes front-end development, especially in Angular.
- 3 years of experience as a mobile web application developer/analyst, that includes design, development, deployment, and continued support of medium-scale, responsive web applications
- Experience developing and deploying mobile apps using technologies such as Cordova/PhoneGap
- Knowledge of modern application server technologies, such as Nginx, PHP-FPM, HHVM and Docker
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL database technologies, such as Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB and Neo4j
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the desire to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well with customers having various levels of technical ability and understanding
- Ability to manage competing priorities and maintain a cooperative, collegial approach
- A commitment to professional development and adapting to new technologies
- A commitment to following procedures to ensure the privacy, security and proper use of personal, proprietary and/or otherwise confidential data
- Experience in Eclipse IDE, git, PHPUnit
- Experience with SDLC and OOD methodologies
- Knowledge of SOA and Web Services
Education: A bachelor's degree or equivalent previous experience. BS degree in computer science or related fields preferred
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
2 year term position
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.