Sr Expense Processor
Requisition # 2017-7275
Department Procurement Services
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Date Posted 3/17/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, Accounts Payable, the Senior Expense Processor is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices, travel and expense reimbursement requests and resolution of matching exceptions generated through the PO/Invoice matching process. The role will also serve as a key subject matter expert on University expense policies, providing guidance, interpretation, and application with respect to incoming invoices and T&E reports.
The Senior Expense Processor will handle the most complex requests and serve as an escalation point for Expense Processors. In this capacity they will be expected to research appropriate resolutions and partner with key stakeholders to ensure timely processing of all incoming requests.
- Review PO backed invoices and Non-PO backed payment requests to ensure payment requirements are met.
- Identify matching purchase order and match individual purchase order lines to the invoice lines.
- Review payment requests to Non-Resident Aliens (NRA) to determine appropriate tax treatment, apply withholding (if applicable) and partner with the NRA Tax Analyst to address complex situations.
- Perform research and communicate response to customers.
- Escalate aged items in a timely manner.
- Respond to inquiries from suppliers, campus and the FSC on invoice/payment status
Match Exception Processing
- Partner with FSC, Campus departments and Purchasing to address match exceptions.
- Investigate match exception requests and manage to resolution.
- Support expense processors in clearing of complex match exceptions.
- Partner with Business Analysts, AP Leadership and Developers to address unusual match exceptions.
Travel & Expense Reimbursements
- Review travel and expense reimbursement requests to ensure all requirements such as receipts are provided.
- Review requested reimbursements for adherence to University Policy.
- Partner with Tax Department, AP leadership and Payment Compliance to address questionable reimbursement requests.
- Respond to inquiries from campus and the FSC on travel and expense reimbursement requests
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years' experience in an accounts payable, accounting, accounts receivable or finance function
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with Peoplesoft Financial Management or other ERP suites
- Familiarity using business intelligence applications to manage, manipulate and analyze large datasets
- Experience in a Higher Education environment
- Understanding of banking processes including wire and ACH payments and foreign currency transactions
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.