Vice Provost for Student Success & Enrollment Management
The Vice Provost for Student Success & Enrollment Management (VPSSEM) serves as part of the Academic Affairs Office team dedicated to supporting the mission of Fort Valley State University (FVSU), which is to advance the cause of education with emphasis upon fulfilling commitments that our community members have undertaken collectively. The successful candidate must be a student-centered leader who will serve as the chief student affairs officer who guides the growth and development of more than 2,600 students while developing and implementing strategic priorities that increase overall enrollment.
The VPSSEM reports directly to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs and serves as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team under the leadership of the President of FVSU. The VPSSEM also serves as a member of the Deans' Council to ensure the University develops and implements initiatives designed to promote student success in the classroom and beyond. Specifically, the VPSSEM will provide leadership in the key areas of admissions, financial aid, intramurals, judicial affairs, residence life, student activities, student health and counselling services and TRIO (i.e., Talent Search and Upward Bound).
Qualifications & Experience
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education doctorate preferred
- Five or more years of progressive leadership and management experience in student affairs and enrollment management services
- Management and oversight of substantial budgets comprised of federal, state and other funds
- The ability to develop and implement initiatives that increase enrollment through recruitment and retention
- A proven track record of creating a climate of openness and mutual respect
- The ability to develop and maintain institutional partnerships that bridge the gap between academic and student affairs
- An understanding of the interdependence of academic and non-academic aspects of student development
- Deep written and organizational skills
- Strong technical skills that include experience working with student management systems and software that enhances financial aid processing, housing assignments and student recruitment
Closing Date: The position will remain open until filled but applications received by May 1, 2017, will receive full consideration.
Salary: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are requested to kindly submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and unofficial transcripts for full consideration.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.