Development Officer for Corporate and Government Relations
As a frontline major gifts fundraiser in the Office of Development and Alumni Engagement, the Corporate and Government Relations Officer is responsible for soliciting and building partnerships with individuals, corporations and government contacts that result in gifts and grants to support university-wide, departmental and program needs. This development officer is responsible for continuously opening new, non-traditional, resourcing income streams. This position is a member of the major gifts officer team and reports to the Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree desired
- Minimum of 5 years' related fundraising experience at a non-profit required
- Disciplined self-starter who works independently and regularly sets and achieves work goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, as are excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a small team environment is essential
- Experience in proposal writing and development research is essential
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to address multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge (RE), a plus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee a portfolio of corporate and government donors, prospects and government contacts to establish and sustain ongoing relationships and identify and cultivate new sources of financial support.
- Develop and implement an individualized research/cultivation/solicitation plan for entities in their portfolio that supports the funding priorities of the university.
- Maintain an aggressive schedule of contacts with corporate and government donors/prospects, keep detailed records of cultivation and solicitation activities and interpret corporate and government interests to university constituencies. Maintaining this intensive personal contact schedule requires regular travel.
- Meet regularly with faculty, deans, senior administrators and development colleagues to understand major priorities and goals and to provide timely information on funding opportunities.
- This position will require interaction with offices across the university (Office of Alumni Engagement; Office of Career and Professional Development; Office of Grants, Sponsored Research and Strategic Initiatives; Office of Finance, and the Office of Academic Affairs) to leverage diverse corporate connections into coordinated university-wide strategies. This comprehensive approach includes fundraising, internship opportunities and job placement.
- Organize, publicize and monitor a Matching Gifts program
- Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals and manage proposal submissions.
- Insure the entry and completion of all action reports and proposals (via The Raiser’s Edge) in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Ensure that reporting requirements are judiciously completed, aimed at sustaining successful corporate and government partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply for Development Officer for Corporate and Government Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly