The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
San Diego, CA
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Assistant Chair provides support to the ABA Department Chair for the well-being of the department as it relates to graduate education in the field of behavior analysis. The Assistant Chair provides leadership in strategic areas of the academic programs, such as adjunct faculty coordination, Practicum coordination, academic advisement, as well as assisting the ABA Department Chair in activities related to curriculum quality, ongoing program development, and support of the Department Manager. The position will begin mostly in Orange County at the Irvine campus and then shift to The Chicago School's new campus in San Diego, slated to open in Fall 2017.
- Monitor and maintain the MS ABA program curriculum and Practicum courses
- Maintain departmental schedule of classes for fall, spring and summer sessions
- Ensure that syllabi are updated each semester and maintain syllabus library
- Analyze and develop departmental documents, policies, guidelines, etc. as needed
- Monitor adherence to institutional policies and procedures, accrediting/credentialing body guidelines, and other governing guidelines and expectations of the department
- Develop departmental quality assurance measures and systems, which includes periodic program reviews
- Coordinate department curriculum review, revision, and/or development
- Monitor and update current catalog descriptions of Department programs
- Recruitment and retention activities related to maintaining ongoing, healthy cohorts in the program
- Instruction of courses as determined by the contract
- Academic advisement
- Coordinate ABA student representation in regional and national conferences
- Serve on institutional committees as needed
- Doctoral degree in behavior analysis, or closely related
- BCBA®-D certification
- Experience in teaching at the graduate level (at least 3 years)
- Administrative experience in higher education
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to issues of social justice and diversity
- Strong commitment to preparing students to become excellent scientist-practitioners
- Commitment to working as part of a team dedicated to quality education programs in behavior analysis
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.