Working Title: Communications Lead
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of Vice President for Finance
Posting Date: 01-26-2017
The Managerial Reporting Project (MRP) at the University of Virginia (http://managerialreporting.virginia.edu/) entails the university-wide rollout of multiple enterprise wide applications and a robust data environment in support of improved internal reporting capabilities. Our project team uses a hybrid Agile approach to software and reporting development, a stakeholder-focused and incremental approach to delivering value early and often.
The incumbent in this position will maintain and support a comprehensive communications program for the Managerial Reporting Project as well as support other UVAFinance communications activities. The position will have a matrixed reporting responsibility, within the organization and will report solid line to the UVAFinance Communications Manager and dotted line to the Managerial Reporting Change Management Lead.
The position will be located with and work closely with the Managerial Reporting project management team, and University stakeholders to execute communication strategies that translate the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs into persuasive communications materials.
**This is a restricted-term position projected for the duration of the University's Managerial Reporting Project**
The Communications Lead is responsible for a broad range of professional communications activities, demonstrating a variety of skills to support the overall needs of an organization. Duties may include writing, editing, producing multimedia, arranging events, maintaining a social media presence, creating educational materials, generating promotional pieces. The Communications Lead assists with management of promotional and marketing activities, working independently, but in alignment with established goals.
Responsibilities And Duties :
- Manages a wide-variety of communications activities
- Translates organizational goals into logistical plans, operationalizing desired outcomes
- Identifies target audiences, tailors messages as appropriate, coordinates the delivery of communications and the engagement of the various audiences
- Advises and consults with departmental/unit administration regarding all aspects of communications, including tactics that effectively deliver the desired message
- Produces high-quality content and presentations
- Leverages multiple mediums, including web, social, and print/visual design
- Proactively manages outreach to stakeholders and handles incoming inquiries
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Able to synthesize, clearly articulate, and effectively convey information in multiple settings, including presentations to large groups
- Able to execute a broad range of communications functions.
- Skilled in using multiple communications tools as part of an effective communications plan, including print, graphic design, social media, email, and web-based platforms
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Provides direct support to leaders, as needed
- Completes tasks without immediate supervision
- Able to prioritize multiple projects with competing agendas and timelines
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills, active listening and political acumen
- Knowledge of the University, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices and infrastructure
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81008