Senior Onbase Administrator
Requisition # 2017-7104
Department Administrative Info Services
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 1/19/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Administrative Information Services department, within Princeton University's Office of Information Technology, has an opening for a highly skilled Senior OnBase administrator to join our Enterprise Content Management (ECM) team within the Package Adaptation and Customization (PAC) group. The ECM team is responsible for the strategic and tactical support and integration of solutions deployed on the OnBase by Hyland enterprise platform. Reporting to the PAC ECM Manager, the Senior OnBase administrator will work closely with application developers, IT infrastructure architects, third party software suppliers, and University departments to support the highest quality ECM solutions.
The Senior OnBase Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration and support of the University's OnBase platform and associated services. This position requires maintaining proper configuration and access controls as well as supporting business solutions in the areas of document management, workflow, imaging, and integration with business applications. In addition, this position is responsible for migrating configuration changes to controlled QA and Production environments.
- Leads the administration and maintenance activities for the University's OnBase ECM enterprise platform which includes installing new software releases and system upgrades, evaluating and installing patches, and conducting application/configuration migrations, refreshes, and restores.
- Collaborates with infrastructure providers to determine requirements for the deployment of database, web, and application servers in a multi-instance environment.
- Specifies and verifies the architecture necessary for ECM integration with other application systems.
- Works with developers, OIT associates and/or the OnBase vendor, Hyland, to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues and collaborates with development team to implement appropriate solutions.
- Ensures that the performance and reliability of ECM systems adhere to service level standards by monitoring these systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response time. Works with other information technology professionals to resolve performance issues.
- Administers ECM systems security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Develops instructions/documentation to assist end users when applicable.
- When provided access to personal, proprietary and/or confidential data, maintains such data in the strictest of confidence and follows procedures to ensure the privacy, security and proper use of data.
- 3-5 years of experience as an onbase administrator using Windows/IIS with a minimum of 1 year experience as an OnBase administrator.
- Extensive Experience with the installation, upgrade, enhancement, and support of large-scale and varied administrative applications including Hyland's OnBase ECM software.
- Ability to develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of OnBase administration tasks including security, roles, users, managing errors and installation.
- Ability to triage, troubleshoot, and resolve OnBase issues reported by users, understanding and supporting processes and OnBase applications across multiple business areas.
- Ability to maintain proper configuration and access control across environments.
- OnBase Certified System Administrator (OCSA).
- OnBase Certified Workflow Administrator (OCWA).
- Experience with implementing/troubleshooting IIS and Windows server 2008/2012.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task between projects and applications.
- Executes strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment that values positive, collegial relationships among co-workers.
- Experience with OnBase Workflow Studio Export, Utils Import/Export Configuration, and Configuration Migration.
- SQL Scripting, PL/SQL.
- Experience with Oracle 11 and MS SQL server 2005 database or higher.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience with Service Now.
- Knowledge of and experience with BizTalk integration for OnBase.
- Experience with OnBase API, C#, VBScript, and/or PowerShell scripting.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent previous experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.