Sr. Database Administrator
- Responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of SQL Server 2012.
- Spearhead the upgrade to SQL Server 2016 including compatibility testing and rollout.
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company databases.
- Ensure that database code meets company standards.
- Resolve database performance and capacity issues.
- Proactively monitor SQL Server performance and provide recommendations to management for future growth needs.
- Design indexes/Identify missing indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes.
- Managing, documenting, and tracking all database related projects.
- Tune T-SQL queries to improve performance. Help developers improve the performance of queries by tweaking it or modifying indexes.
Qualifications: Essential Skills
- SQL Server 2012 administration, optimization, tsql experience (Create, modify and troubleshoot).
- Monitoring SQL server performance metrics and creating performance baselines
- Ability to articulate issue and open troubleshooting tickets with vendor support.
- 5+ Years of experience with MS SQL Server technologies, including up to SQL Server 2012
- Knowledge of writing and optimizing queries
- Knowledge of troubleshooting SQL performance issues / errors
- On-call rotation
- Looking for a team player, someone who can work individually as well as enjoy working with others.
Solugenix, the longest serving independent IT consulting firm in the nation, delivers comprehensive, managed-services IT solutions known for their innovation, value and dependability. Our custom IT services, including Application Lifecyle Management Services, Business Applications Support, Custom Inbound/Outbound Call Centers, IT Service Desk Operations and Support and Professional Staffing solutions are tailored to unique industry requirements and delivered with predictable, manageable costs to optimize mission-critical transactions, drive business value and support customer success.
Woodland Hills, CA
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 14:09:57 PDT