Program Manager, Chapters
The Alumni Association is accepting positions for a Program Manager, Chapters. This position is responsible for overseeing, managing and growing Tier 2 and 3 alumni chapters and serving as their primary staff liaison. The Program Manager is responsible for facilitating coordination between volunteers, Alumni Association and other university staff to support events, initiatives and programs designed to increase involvement within the alumni groups. This position will be the primary chapter communications liaison, helping to manage the communications generated through the Alumni Association's network of chapters and clubs and acts as the interface between staff liaisons, communications team and chapters. This position will also help coordinate support and logistics for CU Boulder's international initiatives of the Global Ambassadors and international chapters.
Who we are:
The CU Boulder Alumni Association is a dues free organization that welcomes all alumni as members of the Forever Buffs for life. We offer a diverse array of programs all designed to help our 300,000 alumni connect with the university and each other, and celebrate CU pride. This position is part of the Events & Outreach team which is responsible for managing all the alumni chapters and clubs, all events locally, nationally and internationally, as well as overseeing the student alumni association, The Herd.
The Alumni Association is a great place to work because we create and maintain a culture that is ethical, inclusive, supportive, collaborative and innovative.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Global Ambassadors Coordinator and International Chapters Liaison. This Global Ambassadors piece of the Program Manager of Chapters job description falls under the perview of the Chancellor's office. The Program Manager of Chapters will work closely with the Director of Events and Outreach in the Alumni Association and the Executive Director of Events and Outreach in the Office of the Chancellor to provide coordination support for the Global Ambassador program. In addition, the Program Manager of Chapters will be the liaison to all international chapters within the Alumni Association.
- Primary relationship manager and staff liaison to Tier 2 & 3 alumni chapters, regionally and locally. Advise existing groups on organizational structure, communicate best practices for event planning, financial management, communication and marketing. Maintain positive relationships with group leaders including travel to these markets when appropriate. Facilitate all event planning for these groups, including events associated with Homecoming Weekend. Target 2-3 new markets that could support new alumni chapters by seeking out interested alumni, developing relationships with key leaders and helping to facilitate and support alumni chapter formation and ongoing activities in those key markets.
- The Alumni Association programming includes a strong network of Alumni chapters and clubs locally, nationally and internationally. These chapters and clubs communicate to their constituents through email communication, social media and their website. Each of the chapters and clubs also has a primary staff liaison at the Alumni Association. This position is responsible for working with each staff liaison to understand and coordinate chapter and club email communication and website content. Further, this position will help with the copy writing and editing of communication provided by the chapters and clubs to ensure that their messaging is on target, correct and effective, and their websites are current and effective. This position will also work with the chapters and clubs to gain necessary approvals and coordinate scheduling with our email communication manager.
- Play an integral role in the support or management of events associated with chapter activity in all markets. Duties may include organizing all logistics, planning and communicating the volunteer staffing resources needed, and facilitating the marketing. Position also responsible for helping to support and/or manage Alumni Association Chapter event programs such as Buffs Give Back.
- Assist Senior Chapters Manager with Volunteer Training. This includes webinars with local and regional chapter leaders, as well as assistance with planning, programming, marketing and implementation of Leadership Weekend.
- Responsible for special projects as requested by executive management. Demonstrates leadership by example and fosters positive morale with all staff members. Performs other duties as needed.
What you should know:
- Some evening and weekend work is required for event support.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Some lifting required for events set up (up to 60 pounds).
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is in the mid - $40,000s.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be dynamic. Be engaging. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years professional experience in project and/or volunteer management.
What you will need:
- Some ability to lift (up to 60 lbs) for events set up.
- A valid driver's license.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service background.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Advance, Raiser's Edge or other volunteer management/fundraiser software.
What we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, advertising, business or related field.
- Higher education/Alumni Association/Development experience.
- Graduate of CU Boulder.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 9, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-03706.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10879 - Alumni Association
Posting Date: Mar 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00708949