Director of Development, CU Art Museum (Limited Term)
The Office of Advancement for the College of Arts and Sciences, Graduate School, Research Institutes at the University of Colorado Boulder has an opportunity for a Director-level development professional for a limited term project through December, 2017. This position will be designing, directing and implementing development activities around a special art initiative for the CU Art Museum, Division of Arts and Humanities.
1. Cultivates existing and new donor relationships with individuals and foundations with the intent of sustaining and increasing donor engagement and support for a focused art acquisition initiative at the University.
2. Develops and manages prospects capable of making significant gifts in order to secure gift commitments of $25,000 and above.
3. Goals relating to core metrics including face-to-face contacts, number of written proposals submitted, team assists, moves and closures of current and future gifts to be set with and approved by management.
4. Conducts in-state travel, and some out-of-state travel as needed.
5. Works closely with senior leadership to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives around focusedart acquisition project.
6. Works consistently to ensure timely, accurate completion of proposals, pledges and fund agreements.
7. Documents prospect strategies and contact reports, evaluates new prospects and generates stewardship reports and general correspondence daily to cultivate major gift prospects.
8. Works directly with the director of the CU Art Museum and volunteers on strategies, moves, and donor engagement.
9. Represents the CU Art Museum, the College of Arts & Sciences, and Advancement at events in order to support the University and cultivate donors.
What we can offer:
This is a limited term position, not expected to continue past 12/17. Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be involved. Be dynamic. Be successful . Be Boulder.
What We Require
• Education: Bachelor's degree or -higher; graduate work in related field strongly preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of 5 years of successful fundraising experience required, with an emphasis on major gift fundraising.
What You'll Need
• Ability to travel both in and out-of-state.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products; MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; donor tracking software.
Who We Are
The Sharkive is an internationally important collection of prints created in the studio of Bud and Barbara Shark. The collection represents a significant chapter in post-war American printmaking, featuring works by an impressive roster of contemporary artists. Through a partnership with the Sharks and with the Bebe and Crosby Kemper Foundation, the CU Art Museum has the opportunity to acquire The Sharkive and ensure its long-term preservation as a learning resource for our students.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 7, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Mar 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732226