Tier III - Server Administrator
Simplefusion is seeking an individual that is self-motivated and actively putting in the time and effort to expand upon their knowledge in this field while still seeking to learn new skills. This individual must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with both clients and colleagues. The individual must possess the ability to solve problems thoroughly and quickly, using critical thinking and attention to detail. The individual must be organized and able to set goals and achieve them. These requirements, the proficiencies below and the ability to adapt and learn under pressure will be tested thoroughly during interview.
Some of the duties of this position include the following.
- Maintaining and configuring server backups.
- Configuring servers for new installs and migrations.
- Scoping new equipment based on client requirements.
- Migrating servers, domains and other relevant server roles.
- Troubleshooting server connectivity issues from user systems.
- Various user management and training tasks as needed for clients.
- Learning, installing and configuring proprietary software for clients.
- Migrating desktops and user profiles to new servers and equipment.
- Creating PowerShell and LabTech scripts for management of systems.
- Assist in development new processes, documentation procedures and tools.
- Migration of user email from various systems such as Exchange to Office 365.
- Troubleshooting server issues, including low level issues with Microsoft assistance.
The following proficiencies are required.
- Managing / Configuring / Troubleshooting
- System Hardware Issues
- Various RAID Configurations
- Domain Environments (2008 R2 - 2012 R2)
- Server Roles Used in Domain Environments
- Network Equipment (Routers, Firewalls, Switches)
- System Management Via PowerShell
- Some PowerShell Scripting Abilities
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication
- Ability to Learn Quickly and Rapidly Adapt
- Strong CLI Capabilities When Managing Systems
The following proficiencies will be beneficial if known.
- ConnectWise Experience
- LabTech Scripting / Monitor Building Experience
- Office 365 Configuration / Management Experience
- Basic SQL Server Knowledge (Management, SQL, Maintenance Plans)
The minimum education requirements are below.
- Associates Degree
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 +
Alternatively, the education requirements may be waived if a candidate can demonstrate they exceed all required proficiencies and are willing to dedicate the time needed to achieving the requirements in short time.
Simplefusion is an innovative and flourishing full-service IT solution provider headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The solutions and services we provide to our customers include: technology consulting, desktop, laptop, server and network hardware procurement, eCommerce consulting and development, custom software solutions, business productivity consulting, cloud services, virtual desktop infrastructure implementation and more.
Baton Rouge, LA
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 12:49:45 PDT