Communications Project Manager
Stevens Institute of Technology is looking for a motivated and energetic communications project manager for its busy Division of Communications & Marketing. The person in this role will report to the Assistant Vice President and will work with closely with various internal clients within the university, including highly visible offices in the administration.
You understand nuanced details, can break down big projects into their components and requirements, ask smart questions, know how to uncover information and have never met a challenge you couldn't conquer. You're equally comfortable in both casual and formal situations and can adapt your style to individual client needs. You're inspired by great creative and love to be involved in delivering great work. Deadlines energize you -- you thrive under pressure. You can run projects independently but also know how to integrate into a project team. Project management, in your eyes, is as much an art as a science. You do more than just send emails and check off tasks -- you assess, you challenge, you think and you act. If this describes you to a T, keep reading.
Stevens is experiencing unprecedented growth and accelerating success. Ours is a community of motivated and enterprising individuals who are inspired by possibility and a strong drive to make a difference. This energy and drive to excel characterizes the culture of collaboration at Stevens and can be seen in our dedicated staff, faculty and administration.
The project manager will conduct client intake meetings, write creative briefs, create project plans and schedules, organize and communicate with project stakeholders and creative talent, report on progress, identify roadblocks and recommend solutions. He or she is responsible for managing the communications project needs of multiple clients and multiple projects from inception to completion, on an ongoing basis. Duties include:
- Manage the content, workflow, approvals and publication across varied channels
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and help meet their business objectives
- Collaborate with designers, writers, video experts, printers to ensure cohesive and strategic vision is achieved in a team environment
- Manage relationships with external design, print and fulfillment vendors; and some senior members of the administration
- Learn Stevens visual identity, editorial style and brand pillars and ensure they are adhered to in every project
- Manage project budgets to keep scope in line with estimates; forecast and communicate about any scope changes with key stakeholders
- Follow university purchasing and procurement guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in communications, business, marketing or a related field.
- Two to three years of experience as a project coordinator, manager or similar position in a creative services agency or communications/marketing operation of a mid- to large-sized organization. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education experience.
- Experience scheduling and managing complex, multipart, concurrent creative projects (print and digital)
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience managing print production
To ensure full consideration, candidates must complete the online application process, indicating salary requirements where requested, and submit a cover letter addressing alignment with the requirements of the position, as well a resume.
COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.