Administrative Assistant III - Marketing and Communications (FT), CFRN20743CDEV
To assist the Office of Community Relations with day-to-day operations, campus events and development and implementation of new projects.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant III - Marketing and Communications (FT), CFRN20743CDEV
Duties of Position:
- Maintain calendars and fill out departmental forms for the Community Relations Coordinator and Community Relations Specialist.
- Handle general inquiries from internal and external constituencies.
- Prepare and update various quarterly and annual reports.
- Arrange travel and lodging plans for off-campus guests.
- Capture and type meeting minutes.
- Maintain office files and inventory of event supplies.
- Create flyers and signs.
- Create monthly Chambers of Commerce luncheon calendar for internal participation.
- Process vendor invoices.
- Process expense reimbursements.
- Research potential event invitees; update and maintain existing databases of invitees.
- Conduct Internet research on various segments of the community to connect with.
- Prepare mailings and track responses.
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external event services such as catering, audio/visual services, room scheduling, signage, etc.
- Set-up rooms for events of all sizes.
- Solicit lesser in-kind and cash sponsorships.
- Maintain the Community Relations office operations in the absence of the Community Relations Coordinator and Specialist.
- Assist in the supervision of student worker(s) and direction of volunteers.
- Represent the College at community fairs.
- Give tours of campus to community groups in the absence of the Community Relations Specialist.
- Communicate regularly with external and internal customers, including students, faculty, College administration and offices of dignitaries.
- Participate in various college-wide committees to represent the needs of and services for the College's external constituency base.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
High School and some college level courses.
Three (3) years demonstrated experience in office management, event planning or related field. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently and follow through on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be self-motivated, resourceful and have the ability to problem solve. Attention to detail and accuracy a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel and Outlook).
Familiarity with higher education and DuPage County region and resources.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Must be able to work occasional early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Computer, Microsoft Office, copier, fax and multi-line telephone.
General office environment with a high level of visibility.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: External Relations - EXTR
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt