Assistant Women's Golf Coach
LONG BEACH STATE ATHLETICS - ASSISTANT WOMEN'S GOLF COACH
Part-Time (Coaching Assistant – 10 Month)
Salary: $23,106 per year
Effective Date: On or about June 1, 2017
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, prior athletic participation in women's and/or men's golf, and demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations; experience in women's and/or men's golf as a player or coach at the college level; demonstrated ability to assist with coaching and recruiting the highly skilled student-athlete; public relations skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and excellent organizational skills.
• Assist with the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the Women's Golf program.
• Assist with organizing, conducting, and supervising all practices and matches.
• Assist with recruiting quality student-athletes under the guidelines established by the University, the NCAA, and the Big West Conference.
• Assist with scheduling nationally competitive teams in conjunction with the Head Coach and the Senior Associate Athletics Director/Senior Woman Administrator.
• Assist with budgetary responsibilities including recruitment, team travel, and equipment.
• Perform computer-related tasks.
• Monitor student-athlete academic progress.
• Participate in community fund-raising efforts and public relations.
• A letter of application addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above (please include recruitment number) along with resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
• Finalist will be required to submit signed SC-1 form and official transcript from institution awarding highest degree.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the California State University. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Review of applications will begin on or about April 28, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled. Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to (no phone calls please):
Director of Administrative Operations
Long Beach State Athletics
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-7701
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer