University of Idaho
Location: Moscow, Boise, Coeur d’Alene
Division/College: College of Education
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $45,000-$50,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The College of Education, Department of Curriculum and Instruction seeks a dynamic educator for its Career and Technical Education (CTE) program, specifically with experience in the Business and Marketing Education (BME) content area. The successful candidate will collaborate with CTE/BME stakeholders in the public school system, Idaho CTE administration, Idaho community college educators, business leaders, and industry innovators in preparing teachers for 21st century classrooms and laboratories. The successful candidate will lead and build a sustainable BME program through teaching, recruitment, advising, and outreach. The successful candidate will be committed to supporting and enhancing a culturally rich, diverse, and inclusive learning and working environment. Candidates with experience serving the needs of culturally diverse populations are strongly desired. The successful candidate for this position will preferably be housed in Moscow or Coeur d'Alene, but also possibly Boise.
This position is contingent on continued funding. It is supported by an Idaho Division of Career and Technical Education grant that has been in place for 20+ years.
The successful candidate will have:
• Master’s degree with an emphasis in Business and Marketing Education, Career and Technical Education, or closely related field with teaching and laboratory experience.
• Three years of contracted secondary teaching experience within Business Education and/or Marketing Education, or closely related information technology CTE field.
• Demonstrated experience with nationally accepted standards based Business and/or Marketing Education curriculum, or closely related information technology curriculum.
• Demonstrated experience advising and leading student organizations, preferably a Business/Marketing Career and Technical Education Student Organization (BPA, FBLA, or DECA).
• Experience coordinating a comprehensive Business and Marketing Education program, or closely related information technology program, includes teaching, recruitment, management, and advising.
• Productivity and publishing software expertise (e.g., Office applications, Adobe software, Web authoring software) and ability to teach these areas.
• Ability to teach online courses both asynchronously, as well as synchronously, using various distance communication technologies.
• Entrepreneurial orientation to work / eagerness to take on new challenges / build new programs
• Computer science / software coding knowledge.
• Demonstrated leadership and recruitment skills, particularly the ability to recruit students into the teaching profession and to this CTE teacher preparation program.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• Expertise in online teaching and assessment of online teaching performance.
• Work experience in a Business and Marketing related field.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000552P
Posting Date: 03/13/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.