Finance Associate for Schools
Company: Charter School Management Corporation (CSMC)
Location: Sacramento / Northern California Area
Job Type: Fulltime
Years of experience: 3+ years
Education level: 4 year degree
Title: Associate School Business Manager
About the job
You will join a team providing Chief Financial Officer (CFO) type support to a portfolio of client charter schools. The fulltime Associate School Business Manager will handle primarily the budgeting and compliance functions of client schools within the Northern California charter school market. A highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with excellent client management skills will seize this opportunity to contribute to a highly professional charter school management team. The right School Business Manager will apply his or her financial expertise and people skills in traditional and unique ways within the growing charter school movement.
CSMC is the premier business back-office provider to charter schools (which are public schools that can be operated by nonprofits, groups of teachers, etc.). We are committed to helping charter schools overcome the operating challenges they face by offering our business expertise and solutions at an affordable price. Our charter school services include human resources, finance, accounting, payroll, data and a full range of business services. It is CSMC's mission to attack the number one cause of charter school failure, namely, poor business planning and execution. CSMC manages charter school business, so the charter school can focus on high-level student achievement through the medium of community-centered public charter schools.
What our Associate School Business Manager will do:
• Work closely with the School Business Manager in preparing and maintaining accurate financial reports for budgeting purposes. Typical tasks include preparing monthly financial statements, compiling cash flow statements, creating and maintaining budget files, financial reporting to local, state and federal agencies
• Assist with monitoring financial activities, aligning monthly spending with budgets, analyzing budget variances and reconciling general ledger activities.
• Assist in preparing all financial reporting to the chartering agencies of clients.
- Interface with clients and be able to discuss fiscal forecasts, answer questions and plan financial strategies.
- Periodically attend Board Meetings and present fiscal condition of the school. Be able to discuss the financial condition of all clients. Assist in other business services related activities such as insurance renewals, compliance reporting, etc.
What our Associate School Business Manager Needs
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to self-start and manage daily workload independently
- Budgeting and cash flow experience
- Good communication and client management skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team. Ability to self-start, prioritize, and multi-task.
Interest and commitment to education reform, particularly in regard to the charter school movement. Experience with charter schools a plus.
Additional Information: We provide business back office services to the charter school market (accounting, finance, compliance, etc.).
1) Write a short explanation as to why you think you are right for this position.
2) Provide a PDF copy of your resume
3) What is your availability for a phone conversation and what is the best number to reach
4) What is your current employment status?
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include medical and dental insurance and group term life insurance. Vision and Voluntary life and a 401K plan is available.
- CSMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
CSMC is the nation's premier business back-office provider to charter schools. We are committed to helping charter schools overcome the challenges they face by offering our expertise and solutions at an affordable price. Our charter school services include charter development, payroll, governance, finance, back-office, and a full range of business services. It is CSMC's mission to attack the number one cause of charter school failure, namely, poor business planning and execution. CSMC manages charter school business, so the charter school can focus on high-level student achievement through the medium of community-centered public charter schools.
CSMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:45:01 PDT