Aerospace Mechanical Design Engineer
The Aerospace Mechanical Design Engineer will support new product development of Pressure Switch and Pressure Transducer products. Designs will require knowledge of electromechanical systems, material properties, mechanical modeling, welding, vibration analysis and testing. The candidate will be responsible for product design, documentation, presentations and design defense to management and customers and coordination with design drafters and production personnel.
- Design Engineering product design
- Material selection, Project tracking
- Design analysis of Mechanical and Electromechanical devices including Finite element analysis (desirable)
- Formulate conceptual design of aeronautical or aerospace products or systems to meet customer requirements
- Perform Robust Design (e.g. Design for Six Sigma and design for manufacture) (desirable)
- Preparation of mechanical designs for drawings
- Establish and coordinate activities of testing aerospace products
- Support report writing and program presentations (Customer interface)
- Coordinate Failure analysis or problem solving activities concerned with investigating and resolving customers' reports of technical problems
- Minimum 3-5 Mechanical Design Engineering experience
- BS degree in Mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of Aerospace design practices
- An introductory knowledge of statistics
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis, stress-strain analysis and resonance determination
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and COSMOS (or FEA)
- MS in Engineering or related field preferred
- Self starter who enjoys working on challenging problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to integrate and operate effectively within teams
- Tenacious approach to problem solving
*PLEASE SUBMIT SALARY EXPECTATION ALONG WITH RESUME*
Local candidates only, no relocation assistance provided.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Hydra-Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Hydra-Electric Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Our company has been an industry leader in the aerospace industry for decades developing pressure sensing technology. Our products have been so reliable and successful that we have been on nearly every major commercial and military airplane including:
B-52, SR-71 Blackbird, Boeing 707, 737, 747, 777, 787, F-14, F-15, F-16, F-22, F-35, AH-64 Apache, Patriot Missile, and the F-117.
Our success comes from the significant responsibilities we give to our employees. We assign them important projects and empower them to develop innovative solutions. We firmly believe that people thrive when allowed to grow into their full potential.
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:16:05 PDT