Head Women's Golf Coach
Head Women's Golf Coach
University of San Francisco
The head women's golf coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for managing and coaching the women's golf program.
1. Oversee and manage all aspects of the women’s golf program including but not limited to competition, practice, compliance, budget, academics, student conduct and development.
2. Responsible for conducting all practices and competitions necessary to accomplish the objectives of the women’s golf program within the guidelines of the University, WCC, and NCAA rules.
3. Responsible for recruiting highly skilled student-athletes for the women’s golf team.
4. Responsible for adhering to and orienting student-athletes to the policies and regulations of the University, Department of Athletics, WCC and NCAA.
5. Oversee conduct and discipline of student-athletes on the women’s golf team.
6. Work with the admissions office and the office of compliance and student services with the enrollment of student-athletes.
7. In consultation with the Director of Athletics and the Development staff of the University, assist in raising private funds for the women’s golf program.
8. Counsel student-athletes in sport participation and personal development.
9. Coordinate and perform budget and expense related activities for the women’s golf program, including but not limited to, team travel, meals, per diem, equipment, facilities, and recruiting.
10. Manage women’s golf staff including assistant coaches and other administrative positions.
11. Performs other job related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor required, Master’s preferred. At least 5 year experience coaching women’s golf in college or beyond. Competitive collegiate division I women’s golf experience desirable. Strong organizational, oral, written and computer communication skills are needed. Knowledge of NCAA bylaws.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to successfully recruit highly skilled student-athletes for the women’s golf program.
• Ability to effectively teach fundamentals of women’s golf during practice and game situations.
• Ability to comply with all policies and regulations of the University, WCC and NCAA.
• Ability to work well with others and relate to student-athletes.
• Ability to effectively manage and motivate coaching and administrative staff.
• Ability to effectively counsel student-athletes on requirements for personal conduct, academic performance and athletic performance.
• Ability to organize and manage all elements of budget management, including but not limited to, expense processing, facilities improvement, fundraising, financial aid management.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the University community.
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports as required by the Athletics Department and the university.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.