Systems Engineer - SAP Manufacturing (PS, PM, MM, QM Modules)
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design and support of software or hardware solutions that meet the business needs of the customer. The primary area of focus will be Information Technology solutions to support the enhancement of manufacturing processes with SAP PS/PP, MS SharePoint and other software applications. The individual will follow a Systems Development Life Cycle process, similar to CMMI/INCOSE, performing requirements analysis, system design and testing associated with implementation and support of SAP PS/PP, COTS and other applications.
• Identify and implement solutions to broad, complex, and critical customer enhancement challenges and issues using a high degree of insight, research, and analytical skills, to develop new or enhanced methods and techniques to resolve problems.
• Leverage system development lifecycle knowledge to anticipate changes required in project plans and processes. Effectively communicate issues and alternative solutions. Takes initiative to achieve valued-added results and improve upon solutions offered.
• Lead work teams on various sized projects. Manage project scope and customer expectations. Plan and organize the work of the team and ensure that accepted project methodology, techniques, tools and solutions are being followed. Monitor and report on project status to project leads for larger projects.
• Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with the customer, project managers, and team members. Ensure the successful implementation of assigned projects through the entire project lifecycle. Deliver quality products on time and within budget. Hours given as 7:30-4; location: Newport News, VA 23607.
Requires 5 Years of relevant experience with a Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with a Masters; or up to a year with a PhD.
The individual needs the ability to work with and lead teams consisting of project management, systems engineers, technical resources, process leads, and system users to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of business process enhancements.
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
• Previous IT project implementation experience using a system development approach
• Familiarity of SAP Manufacturing (PS, PM, MM, QM Modules) and/or SharePoint is a plus
• Functional knowledge of manufacturing processes, including production planning and material/document/quality management is a plus.
Requires at least a bachelors degree in a pertinent discipline from an accredited institution.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Chipton Ross, a leader in staffing Technical Engineering, Information Technology (IT), Industrial, Professional, and Administrative career opportunities throughout the United States. (Now offering a Logistics Recruiting Division.)
Visit our web site @ http://www.chiptonross.com/ to get details on over 2500 job openings in 28 states.
Newport News, VA
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:45:54 PDT