Postdoctoral Researchers - Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
University of Delaware
Job Title Postdoctoral Researchers - Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Job ID 103989
Location Newark, DE
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS IN CANCER RECURRENCE AND FIBROSIS AND IN DRUG DELIVERY
April Kloxin Group, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Deadline: open until filled
Highly motivated candidates are sought for postdoctoral researcher positions in the lab of Prof. April M. Kloxin at the University of Delaware. The April Kloxin Group (www.aprilkloxingroup.org) works at the interface of materials and biology to understand and treat disease through the design of innovative molecularly engineered materials and novel disease model systems. The overarching goal of these research projects, funded by the Komen Foundation, Pew Charitable Trusts, and Delaware Bioscience Center for Advanced Technology, are to establish dynamic, three-dimensional human culture models of cancer recurrence and fibrosis, in conjunction and comparison with animal models and patient data, and design new strategies for light-mediated therapeutic delivery. Related to this work, applications are being considered for postdoctoral positions in three areas:
1. Postdoctoral Researcher in Metastatic Disease and Cancer Recurrence
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences (e.g., Cancer Biology, Molecular/Cell Biology, or related field) or Engineering (e.g., Bio- or Biomedical Engineering or related field)
- Experience with mouse models
- Experience with molecular/cell biology techniques, including qRT-PCR, flow cytometry, western blot, ELISA, cell line engineering, and fluorescence microscopy, is highly desirable
- Prior experience and publications in cancer research is desirable.
2. Postdoctoral Researcher in Fibrotic Disease
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences (e.g., Molecular/Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related field) or Engineering (e.g., Bio-, Biomedical, Chemical Engineering, or related field)
- Experience with molecular/cell biology techniques, including qRT-PCR, flow cytometry, western blot, ELISA, cell line engineering, and fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with three-dimensional cell culture or biomaterials is desirable
- Prior experience and publications in fibrosis research is desirable
3. Postdoctoral Researcher in Synthetic Material Design and Drug Delivery
- Ph.D. in Chemistry (e.g., Organic Chemistry) or Engineering (e.g., Chemical, Materials Science & Engineering, or related field)
- Expertise in organic synthesis
- Experience with inorganic nanoparticle synthesis/characterization, bioconjugate chemistry, retro reactions, photolabile chemistry, or optical characterization of materials is highly desirable
- Prior experience and publications in polymeric drug delivery research is desirable
Requirements for each position include:
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Successful candidates will be expected to present work at major conferences and efficiently organize material for journal publications and grant submissions.
- Ability to train and supervise graduate and undergraduate students, and work well in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment.
- Applications consisting of a cover letter, including a description of relevant research experience and anticipated availability date, a complete curriculum vitae (including a complete list of publications), and contact information for three (3) references should be submitted online as one document at www.udel.edu/udjobs.