English instructors at NWCCD teach all levels of composition from developmental through advanced composition including technical writing. Instructors have the opportunity to teach some specialty courses on an as needed basis. Instructors also work with colleagues and students in the Writing Center. This position may have supervision over student employees and Federal Work Study students in the Writing Center.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated skill and ability to work closely and cooperatively with the faculty and students in English and other disciplines.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and management skills.
- Able to work in a collaborative fashion in an environment that values collegiality and respectful and caring treatment of all.
- Knowledge of English Composition and Rhetoric.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student population that represents a wide range of abilities and ages.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to the teaching of English as a part of an academically rigorous undergraduate liberal arts education.
- Must have a passion for teaching-and-learning, life-long learning as it applies to themselves
- Commitment to a culture of assessment and the assessment of student learning at the course, program and institutional levels.
- Desire to contribute to the collegiate life of the institution.
- Master of Arts in English or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university, required
- Some post-secondary teaching experience, required
- Two years of community college teaching experience, preferred
- Writing Center experience, preferred
- Experience using technology in the classroom and other delivery modalities expected
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; 25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu