Web Developer II
University of Delaware
Job Title Web Developer II
Job ID 103502
Location Newark, DE
Deadline: Open until filled
Pay Grade: 28S
Context of Job:
The Digital Team within Communications and Public Affairs (CPA) is responsible for the specifications, development and implementation of University-wide digital-based projects, including the University's main web page and its social media efforts.
Specific to web support, the Digital Team provides process design and development services for the entire University, including both administrative and academic clients, maintaining significant responsibility for and impact upon the development of new and improved digital communication efforts for the entire campus.
Reporting to the Sr. Digital Developer, the Web Developer II possesses technical knowledge of Java(J2EE)/XHTML/CSS/JS coding, with specific knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), formerly called Adobe CQ. The Web Developer II is responsible for the support of the University's web architecture and development within AEM as well as the coding and support for AEM components, both out-of-the-box and customized. The Web Developer II collaborates with the Digital Team to ensure training and documentation of all AEM functionality at UD. The Web Developer II will also support additional digital development projects beyond AEM, at the direction of the Sr. Digital Developer.
- Directs and develops AEM projects following Adobe best practices for development.
- Designs, implements and manages reusable AEM components and workflows.
- Translates requirements into technical designs.
- Diagnoses and solves technical problems related to AEM implementation.
- Partners with digital agency, Adobe Managed Services and IT to ensure the Application Server's ongoing development is maintained to standards during architecture enhancements/upgrades or modifications.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance for implementation of new digital projects and changes to existing digital assets.
- Develops a familiarity with all digital development systems and associated technologies used within CPA.
- Follows and contributes to the University Brand Guides for designs as well as policies and procedures governing IT/web efforts.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Digital Team to create in-house trainings for AEM across the campus, including both content and development roles.
- Attends internal and external training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and two to three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or certifications (Code Academy, Zip Code Wilmington, Lynda). (The equivalent could be High School diploma and 6 years experience, or Associate's degree and 4 years of experience.)
- A bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Management Information Systems, Visual Communications or related discipline is preferred.
- Familiarity with web standards, accessibility and usability. Cross platform (Mac and PC) experience and a working knowledge of Dreamweaver and Photoshop or equivalent. Strong visual design skills are a plus.
- Effective communication and organization skills with ability to produce documentation of processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and be detail oriented.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html