General Ledger Accountant
The General Ledger Accountant works under the direction of the General Ledger Supervisor or Manager to perform general accounting work for departments. This includes, during monthly closeout, posting to the general ledger, preparing financial statements and other reports for each property; assisting staff in any way possible, reviewing financial statements for completeness; preparing journal entry import spreadsheets; performing related accounting duties.
Duties and Responsibilities*:
- Posts entries to the general ledger, prepares financial statements and statistical reports, and front cover analysis during closeout
- Reviews financial statements for completeness, making all necessary accruals, amortizations, and reversals and production of monthly reports.
- Reviews monthly financial statements prepared by fellow accountants (peer review).
- Updates the system for the organizations fixed asset additions.
- Updates the analysis of accounts.
- Maintains the checkbook information, agreeing or reconciling each cash journal to the validated deposit slip.
- Prepares the Excel journal import spreadsheet and updates standard accruals.
- Assists the department by participating in the completion of other monthly projects such as preparing cross charge information or reconciling inter-company accounts.
- Assists in other duties as required by the department.
- Assists in completing testing as required by Internal Audit
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a closely related field of study and at least two years of professional accounting experience; Knowledge of Microsoft Office application software, especially Excel.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all major accounting principles
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately and promptly
- Ability to communicate professionally to others, both verbally and in writing
Millennium Search is a premier staffing and employment solutions provider. We specialize in placing qualified candidates in the following fields:
Millennium Search offers augmented staffing services and employment solutions for all companies with a reliable high-quality solution to enhance business development. While hiring smart is a key performance indicator for maintaining a competitive edge in today's business world, we offer a variety of ways to utilize our services which is as follows: Temporary Only Temporary to Permanent Permanent Placement/Direct Hire Our vision is to fulfill the promise with providing completely confidential, reliable, trustworthy expertise and information. Develop visibility to generate new business opportunities for our candidates with our clients, while leveraging existing relationships to expand into global and emerging markets. We are optimistic and encouraged with our vision to be a well rounded staffing and solutions provider, and we look forward to developing strong business relationships with our candidates and clients by remaining loyal and conducting business with a strong ethical emphasis.
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:38:29 PDT