Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Job Number: 74434
Looking for a driven, passionate Business Intelligence Data Analyst to be a part of our motivated and exciting Stanford University IT team. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions, all in support of the mission of Stanford University. Our team is a dynamic, fast-paced health care account team that is part of a 500-person strong world class university technology department that provides Telecommunications Services for the University and Stanford hospitals. CORE DUTIES*:
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Gather, connect, and analyze data from numerous sources and interpret to provide insight on client trends
- Use data analysis results to provide ongoing, meaningful reports to clients
- Perform assigned activities involving decision support systems, query and reporting, online analytical processing, data profiling (OLAP cubes, slice & dice, drilling), statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining.
- Develop insightful business intelligence reports (KPIs, metrics, adhoc queries), dashboards, scorecards, continuous monitoring (thresholds), and/or ad hoc analyses. Clean and transform data as required to deliver actionable information.
- Collaborate with application developers, end users, vendors, and management to ensure the creation and delivery of business intelligence solutions. Facilitate working sessions with central and distributed end users and management to identify and document current information flows, data models, reporting systems, user populations, and coordinate with current and future initiatives impacting reporting.
- Originate and coordinate data governance/stewardship assignments.
- Use reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and eliminate root cause for a range of complex data problems (e.g.: input errors or inadequate field edits), and recommend possible solutions and communicate their organizational impact.
- Perform fit-gap analysis comparing existing reporting solutions with BI strategy and assess compliance with best practices and established standards.
- Participate in user acceptance testing of new BI analysis and reporting systems, upgrades, enhancements and change requests; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is preferred. Relevant Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and workflow.
- Ability to understand and apply the software development lifecycle and project management techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to review business processes and translate into BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Experience in data analysis and root cause analysis and developing problem solving and analytical thinking capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability with enterprise application and database driven applications.
- Experience with relational and dimensional logical data modeling.
- In-depth knowledge of and ability using MS Office; analytical and business intelligence programs such as OBIEE, business objects, Informatica, Tableau, Matlab, SAS, R, SPSS etc..
- Extensive background and experience with report and analysis design and application of User Interface and User Experience best practices.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk.
- Rarely writing by hand; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Analytics
Location: Business Affairs
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.