Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Job ID: 4021
Job Description Summary:
To assist the head coach in the administration and operation of the women's basketball program consistent with the policies of Miami University, the NCAA, and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American Conference).
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Participates in the administration and organization of the Women's Basketball program to include:
- Identify and recruit student athletes to be considered for a scholarship
- Actively participates in coaching activities within practice and games
- Provides assistance regarding game strategy
- Scouting and video responsibilities
- Maintaining knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, MAC and University rules and regulations
- Monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
- Participating in departmental activities to include service on committees and attendance at all scheduled departmental and team meetings
- Budgeting responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Coach
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in recruiting, coaching or related fields.
- Strong interpersonal skills
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.