Data Analyst - Limited Term
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Data Analyst - Limited Term
School of Science & Technology - 4006010660
Cover Letter, Resume
The Data Analyst assists with NSF grant, "An Institutional Model for Increasing Student Engagement through
Course-embedded Undergraduate Research Experiences." This grant incorporates a 4-year longitudinal study. This
position will be budgeted for 4 years pending continued funding from NSF.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes data for Principal Investigators (PI's). Includes both quantitative and qualitative analysis, coding
and analysis of interviews from focus groups and interviews.
- Disseminates data to researchers. Responds to data requests from faculty, creates summaries,
aggregates spreadsheets in response to specific requests and helps researchers access registrar data.
- Sorts surveys, identifies missing class demographic information, inputs surveys to spreadsheets and
identifies relevant registrar data.
- Creates timeline for course identification, material dissemination and collection, and spreadsheet
- Identifies courses that will be part of sample each semester. Identifies courses that have mini-grants,
identifies Tx sections, randomly selects control sections, informs faculty of course section participation,
meets with faculty to discuss results and action steps.
- General offices duties to include, but not limited to: printing surveys, delivering surveys to appropriate
classrooms and labs and collecting surveys. Will attend team meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Employment Dates: Spring 2017 - Spring 2021
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in program with training in social science research methodology, and analysis (e.g., statistics, education, psychology, etc.)
- Experience with SPSS
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software (e.g. NVivo, etc.)
- Ethics certification (NIH, CITI)
- Background in STEM education
- Previous higher education experience
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).