CFO for Clients
Company: Charter School Management Corporation (CSMC)
Location: Los Angeles area
Job Type: Full-time
Years of experience: 10 years
Education level: 4-year degree
Title: School Business Manager
About the job
We are seeking someone with public school work experience, ideally with charter schools, to join our team as School Business Manager to support schools we work with in the Los Angeles region. The position provides Chief Financial Officer (CFO) type support to a portfolio of client charter schools. A highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with a passion for charter school education and client management will seize this opportunity to contribute to a highly professional charter school management team. The right School Business Manager will apply his or her financial expertise and people skills in traditional and unique ways within the burgeoning charter school movement. At CSMC, we are searching for the right team member to secure a successful career path while helping charter schools and CSMC succeed together.
CSMC is the premier business back-office provider to charter schools (which are public schools that can be operated by nonprofits, groups of teachers, etc.). We are committed to helping charter schools overcome the operating challenges they face by offering our business expertise and solutions at an affordable price. Our charter school services include human resources, finance, accounting, payroll, data and a full range of business services. It is CSMC's mission to attack the number one cause of charter school failure, namely, poor business planning and execution. CSMC manages charter school business, so the charter school can focus on high-level student achievement through the medium of community-centered public charter schools.
What our School Business Manager will do
• Prepare and present accurate financial and budget reports. Typical tasks include creating and updating annual budgets and cash flow projections and presenting these reports and actual financial results to the client's staff and board.
• Prepare all financial reporting to governmental entities.
• Directly interface with client for inquiries and information gathering.
• Ensure accuracy and timely completion and submission of state and federal funding applications
• Understand and be able to discuss the financial condition of all clients.
• Assist in other business services related activities such as grant reporting, budget scenario modeling, etc.
What our School Business Manager Needs
• Budgeting and cash flow experience.
• Experience working for public schools, ideally charter schools
• Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
• Ability to work as a member of a team. Ability to self-start, prioritize, and multi-task.
• Organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Good communication and client management skills
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative relationships with stakeholders.
• Interest and commitment to education reform, particularly in regard to the charter school movement. Experience with charter schools a plus.
We provide business back office services to the charter school market (accounting, finance, compliance, etc...).
1) Write a short explanation as to why you think you are right for this position.
2) Provide a PDF copy of your resume
3) What is your availability for a phone conversation and what is the best number to reach you at
4) What is your current employment status?
Compensation for the School Business Manager role is commensurate with experience. Benefits for the School Business Manager role include medical and dental insurance.
CSMC is an equal opportunity employer.
CSMC is the nation's premier business back-office provider to charter schools. We are committed to helping charter schools overcome the challenges they face by offering our expertise and solutions at an affordable price. Our charter school services include charter development, payroll, governance, finance, back-office, and a full range of business services. It is CSMC's mission to attack the number one cause of charter school failure, namely, poor business planning and execution. CSMC manages charter school business, so the charter school can focus on high-level student achievement through the medium of community-centered public charter schools.
CSMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Los Angeles, CA
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:02:35 PDT