Digital Content Creator/Specialist
Job Description Summary:
Job ID 3966: FT - Unclassified (salaried)
Generate content to inform the campus about IT Services including content for the website, Knowledge Base, social media, and other communication vehicles.
- Create and edit content for the IT Services website, newsletter, and other communications media.
- Serve as a member of the IT Communications team. Assist with strategic communication planning.
- Create content for the division’s social media presence.
- Support creation and maintenance of communication standards, processes, and templates.
- Using templates generated by IT Knowledge Manager, write and submit Knowledge Base articles.
- Write, produce, and schedule video clips to be posted to the website.
- Represent IT Services via presentations, resource fairs, and other in-person events.
- Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- May occasionally teach one credit bearing course, per semester, on an as needed basis and with division approval.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Require a Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, strategic communications, journalism, marketing, technical communications, or related field earned by date of hire.
- Require two to four years of experience as a communications professional with a focus on web and/or digital content.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
Special Note to Applicants:
Because writing quality and style is a key factor in identifying the best candidates for this position, we request that you submit a minimum of 2-3 samples that represent your style and experience. Ideally, these samples would include examples of your writing for the web and/or social media, as well as longer-form pieces. We’ll keep anything that you share with us confidential, and please feel free to remove names or other details you’re not comfortable sharing.
If you have problems uploading samples, please e-mail to email@example.com
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.