Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst
3 - 6 Months Contract
Responsible for providing teammember support and software, hardware, and network assistance. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussions with teammembers, procedures and through instructions. Includes problem recognition, research, and isolation as well as documentation, tracking and monitoring of problems to ensure timely resolution. Process teammember requests through the ticketing systems. Responsible for the procurement, maintenance, and management of assigned hardware/software. Also responsible for maintaining a high-level of quality through quality assurance practices. Recommends and ensures compliance with all policies and standards for hardware/software. Involves the use of a problem management database.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform entry-level analysis and follow-up concerning security controls and updates.
- Perform entry-level support and troubleshooting of network connectivity, using appropriate software, to review PC statistics, Properly process Active Directory/email account creation, Password resets to ensure that PC's are in proper Organizational Unit.
- Perform entry-level duties including basic phone, hardware support, and software support Including but not limited to processing Printelligent requests, troubleshoot basic Office Suite issues, printing issues, manage user accounts, and create network printer and thermal receipt printer queues.
- Ensure that department ticket queues are managed properly, including where to access cost breakdowns, and including total costs into ticket before sending for approval.
- Use appropriate ticketing software to track and record instances of support, ensuring all established Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met and appropriate levels of details are included with each ticket, including clear description of issue, steps taken to resolve the issue, resolution of incident, and time spent. Ensure that each incident is assigned the appropriate level of Priority and Urgency, as agreed upon with the end user.
- Ensure compliance with all hardware and software policies, standards and practices.
- Maintain, track, and monitor comprehensive documentation, inventory control, and maintenance records concerning all assigned systems including Standard Operating Procedures, operating records and problem logs to ensure timely resolution/SLA.
- Monitor system capacity and statistics as assigned.
- Provide technical support to all teammembers.
- Administer security requirements for all assigned applications and participate in security reviews/audits.
- Oversee functioning, reporting and upgrades of all systems as assigned.
- Assign, track, maintain and order supplies for systems as assigned.
- Required to support 24x7 operations as required.
- All team members must comply with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Experience, Certifications, and Skills:
- High School Diploma required
- 1 - 2 years related experience preferred
A+ : Preferred
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) : Preferred
Technical Skills Description Level Disposition
Hardware Maintenance HP PCs, laptops Basic Required
Printers Basic Required
Mobile Basic Required
Wireless Basic Preferred
Macintosh Basic Preferred
Network Maintenance Network Connectivity Basic Preferred
Office Suite Microsoft Office Basic Required
Operating System Windows Basic Required
Application Maintenance Active Directory Basic Preferred
Call management (Altiris, Remedy) Basic Preferred
Terminal emulation Basic Preferred
Anti-virus (McAfee) Basic Preferred
File & Print Services Basic Preferred
Microsoft Office - Advanced (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access)
Core Skills - (Level I):
- Works with immediate teammembers
- Motivates teammembers
- Develops self and others
- Communicates with others
- Uses relevant technology
- Applies expertise appropriately
- Develops relevant knowledge
- Extensive hardware/software experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Resource utilization
- Task effectiveness
- Managing one's own performance
- Alignment with Client business philosophy
- Meets Member/team member expectations
- Participates actively and flexibly in promoting useful change
Additional Job/Business Skills:
- Focuses on Members/teammember needs
- Responds promptly to Members/teammember needs
- Solicits Member/teammember feedback
- Demonstrates critical thinking
- Recognizes and anticipates problems
- Uses fact-finding and diagnostic tools
- Identifies and implements optimal solutions
- Follows logical process for problem identification
- Adheres to practices and standard
- Displays understanding of system architecture
- Displays responsiveness to user needs
- Monitors system performance
- Strong oral and written communication
- Project/time management skills
- Familiar with MS AD structure and schematic
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammember encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a general office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the teammember is regularly required to do the following:
- Intermittent standing, sitting, walking and neck flexing.
- Intermittent pushing, pulling and reaching above, at and below shoulder height.
- Repetitive motion - high volume keyboarding and mouse usage.
- Carrying and transporting objects, usually by hand.
- Exposure to dust, gas, odors or fumes.
- Intermittent lifting and carrying over 50 pounds.
Solugenix, the longest serving independent IT consulting firm in the nation, delivers comprehensive, managed-services IT solutions known for their innovation, value and dependability. Our custom IT services, including Application Lifecyle Management Services, Business Applications Support, Custom Inbound/Outbound Call Centers, IT Service Desk Operations and Support and Professional Staffing solutions are tailored to unique industry requirements and delivered with predictable, manageable costs to optimize mission-critical transactions, drive business value and support customer success.
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:00:06 PDT