Sports Information Director
• Preparing news releases and feature articles;
• Distributing information to local, state and national media. Develop relationships with local media. Schedule interviews as appropriate;
• Coordinate sports information staffing for all intercollegiate athletic events and coordinating media coverage for events;
• Designing, writing, and editing game programs, media guides and other promotional publications for the department;
• Maintaining athletic records, Sports Hall of Fame and statistical files;
• Maintaining and updating the University's athletic website including rosters, schedules, season logs and statistics;
• Manage and update the department's various social media accounts including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube;
• Schedule team photos, headshots and action photos;
• Promoting individual athletes and teams for weekly and post-season honors through the various conferences of which Husson is a member;
• Filming and editing videos and video clips and overseeing live event streaming;
• Working with athletics and university personnel to staff, promote and cover athletically related events;
• Supervising part-time staff, interns, and work study students. Serve as time keeper for hourly employees;
• Operate the sports information department within the assigned budget including personnel;
• Serving as the University contact with conference and national offices.
Education: Bachelor's degree required; Masters degree preferred (teaching opportunities available for those candidates with a Masters degree).
Experience: A minimum of one year experience in working in a collegiate sports information department required. Experience in managing a sports information department preferred. Experience as a collegiate coach and/or student-athlete preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: Excellent writing ability and technical skills are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software are required. Experience with Stat Crew and/or Dak Stats statistical software is required.