Deputy Executive Director, USG & Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, USM
Title: Deputy Executive Director, USG & Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, USM
Position Number: 115868
Category Status: Exempt, Regular (Full-time)Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
The Deputy Executive Director (DED) is a newly created position and the selected candidate will be responsible for establishing this new office under the direction of the Executive Director (ED).
He/she will be responsible for the following functions: program planning, relationships with university partners at the Universities at Shady Grove (USG), and coordination of internal services and administrative offices. The DED will also represent and act on behalf of the ED as required.
Working closely with education and business partners, the DED will identify and facilitate the development of academic and professional degrees, certificates and advanced professional development programs that meet existing and projected workforce and educational needs within the USG service region.
The DED shall serve as USG's innovation and transformational learning officer. He/she will lead planning, coordination and implementation of inter-institutional curricular initiatives among participating institutions and other educational partners. In addition to supervision of the Priddy Library, the DED will coordinate and provide leadership for teaching and learning initiatives across participating university partners and USG service centers. The DED will be responsible for the coordination of USG's strategic growth in STEMM fields with the addition of the Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Education facility now under construction.
The DED will chair the USG Academic Program Advisory Committee and work with the ED and Chief Strategy Officer to coordinate planning and decision-making with USG's governing bodies.
The DED will be a member of the senior leadership team and hold the title of Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs in the University System of Maryland. The DED will focus on implementation and the successful onboarding of academic and professional programs while the ED will focus on external outreach, stakeholder management, and executive sponsorship.
- A terminal academic or professional degree is
- Eight years of leadership experience in higher education administration or its equivalent required. Ten or more years of experience
Preference will be given to candidates with extensive experience in leading curriculum development, program planning and implementation in a higher education setting at the baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate levels.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in working with and facilitating relationships between two-year and four-year higher education institutions.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in higher education administration at the institutional
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of a complex academic organization, fostering cross-institutional collaboration to achieve high student achievement and
- Demonstrated leadership in innovative technologies and approaches to conceiving, designing, and delivering educational
- Demonstrated experience in strategic program
- Demonstrated experience and success in seeking external funding, including preparing grant and program solicitations and developing other financial arrangements in support of curriculum development and partnership building as well as grant administration is
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring an intellectually vibrant learning community and educational climate that supports respect for and diversity among faculty, staff and
- Exceptional communication and listening
- Demonstrated collaboration and team-building
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental sustainability and supporting a green
- Commitment to academic quality and student
The USG campus is located in Rockville, MD. This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Best Consideration Date:
May 17, 2017
Please apply online: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/50324