Director of Marketing & Public Relations
Classification/Class Code: Public Information Director II / BC40
Position/Slot Number: 118397/001
Pay Grade: Commensurate with education/experience
Posting Date: 03/23/2017
At Horry Georgetown Technical College we’re innovators that cultivate students to deliver the future. We do this through utilizing cutting-edge technology and providing state-of-the-art training in such demanding job markets as Cisco networking, natural resources management, engineering, culinary arts, and many health related fields. Now is your chance to join our talented community and become a member of one of the most progressive community colleges in South Carolina!
Known for our innovative technologies, interactive classroom settings, offering more than 80 programs, we are cultivating the next generation of nurses, engineers, machinists, culinary artists, or students bridging their education to a 4 year university.
As an integral part of our team, you play a role for this institution to deliver high quality instruction for almost 7,000 curriculum students. We seek candidates to contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse audiences in education.
The College invites applications for Director of Marketing and Public Relations! Under the supervision of the College President, the Director of Marketing and Public Relations will envision, develop and manage a comprehensive strategic integrated College-wide communications program to effectively position the college with its internal and external constituencies. The Director of Public Relations and Marketing will strategize with College leadership, establish, execute and measure the market research program and provide information for institutional decision making for the College’s marketing and communication plans, including the College public website, publications, non-print media and media relations efforts.
- Develops and implements the overall marketing and communications strategy for the college providing vision, leadership, and administrative oversight for communications, marketing, public/media relations, the institutional website, new media and interactive services and publications. Integrates all public relations activities relative into the strategic direction and positioning of the college and its leadership. Supervises marketing staff, freelance writers, video and audio producers, integrating local, regional and national research trends and forecasting to effectively reach specific audiences.
- Responsible for engaging college leaders, faculty, staff, students and community leaders in college marketing initiatives and implementing the college marketing and promotion plan to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high level external audiences. Establishes the college brand and presence within the marketplace and represents the college in a variety of audiences, including potential and existing students, donors, community partnerships and others. Develops messages in line with research, and delivered via channels that provide effective support for student-recruitment and fundraising efforts.
- Manages and coordinates media relations and the content and timing of all communications, including publications, digital and new media, as well as the oversight of the college web site to drive donations and awareness of the college. Responsible for the varied and integrated communications products and services to include: newsletters and other print publications, web, e-news and other on-line communications, media and public relations and marketing.
- Responsible for increasing the visibility of the college programs and services across key stakeholders in ways that bring more visitors to campus and to the public website and to use apps approved and developed by the college. Serve as an ambassador for the college and build relationships with the media. Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the college.
- Responsible for oversight and management of all news releases, position papers, speeches, other documents and social media supportive of the college brand position, communicating with appropriate media and stakeholders, regarding the positive impact of the college on the service area; and responds to and/or manages response to media inquiries, serving as college spokesperson and/or facilitating response as required.
- Collaborates with the Academic, Student Affairs, Continuing Education divisions, the HGTC Foundation and other departments to establish and enhance the college communication plans with stakeholders, including prospective and existing students, prospective and existing donors, and develops and manages the Public Relations/Marketing budget for the college.
A bachelor's degree and four (4) years’ experience related to the development and dissemination of informational material.
Who We Are
Horry Georgetown Technical College is a dynamic and progressive multi-campus comprehensive community/technical college serving Horry and Georgetown counties in the northeast region of South Carolina, with campuses in Conway, Georgetown and Myrtle Beach. The three campuses are located near the center of South Carolina’s “Grand Strand,” a 60-mile coastline extending between the North Carolina boarder and historic Georgetown, South Carolina.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Horry Georgetown Technical College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Horry Georgetown Technical College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Horry Georgetown Technical College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
For more information in regards to our policies, procedures, Affirmative Action, and Non-Discrimination Statement; please visit our website at http://www.hgtc.edu/hr
Applications may be filed online at: http://www.hgtc.edu/hr