Assistant Director of International Admissions - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (A1700176)
University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign
Assistant Director of International Admissions
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Extended until April 26, 2017
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for an Assistant Director of International Admissions. The Assistant Director of International Admissions oversees international admissions for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, which includes management of the processing unit and review process and serves as the on-campus expert on undergraduate international admissions issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource within Undergraduate Admissions on international undergraduate admissions issues. This includes knowledge of admissions practices and policies, as well as staying current with national trends.
- Oversee the review process of more than 12,000 international freshman and transfer applications; establish training materials, conduct annual training with appropriate staff and audit reviews for consistency. Familiarity with English proficiency standards and global education systems, including researching appropriate accreditation status of high schools and colleges/universities.
- Provide direct supervision of professional staff member(s). Assist with hiring, training and mentoring new staff hires.
- Conduct performance evaluations; recommend salary increases; set performance goals; recommend professional development; update training materials; and meet with direct reports on a regular basis to review the status of their goals.
- Ensure procedures and policies surrounding I-20s, DS2019s, visas, citizenship and residency assignments are followed.
- Serve as a resource and contact for colleges and departments, International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), and others with questions about international admissions.
- Analyze data to inform decisions on Illinois' best practices in regard to the international admission process.
- Assess operational functions within the international processing unit and provide recommendations for improvement and efficiencies.
- Collaborate with the communications staff to establish operational campaigns specifically for international applicants.
- Responsible for updating information on admissions website pertaining to international issues.
- Member of professional development organizations and present at both regional and national conferences.
- Represent the Director at meetings and other events as requested, particularly those focused on international issues.
- Serve as a back-up Designated School Official (DSO) for Undergraduate Admissions.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- At least three years of relevant experience including familiarity with admissions operations.
- Familiarity with student information systems and client relationship management systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of global educational systems.
- Master's degree.
- International admissions experience.
- Experience supervising professional staff.
This position is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position and the salary for this position is $50,000 - $52,000. To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and upload your letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by April 26, 2017. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. The preferred start date for this position is July 1, 2017. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at 217-300-2734.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon accepting a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Undergraduate Admissions
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 03/27/2017
Close Date: 04/26/2017