Cone Health Distinguished Professor
Functional Title Cone Health Distinguished Professor
Position Type Tenure Stream
The professorship recognizes and supports a doctorally-prepared nurse leader who is committed to continuing an active program of research, collaborating with colleagues, providing leadership to faculty and students in research development and scholarship, and participating in the School of Nursing's academic programs. The professor will be expected to support the research, teaching, practice, and service missions of the School of Nursing and the university.
This professor will enhance and expand the School of Nursing's research and leadership role in a specialty area that supports the school's established research strengths: quality and safety, evidenced-based practice, health systems, health disparities in vulnerable populations, educational innovations, and interprofessional education. This position supports the academic programs, with special emphasis on the graduate programs.
Expectations of the Distinguished Professor are:
- Demonstrate an active research and scholarship program that is of national significance
- Obtain external funding
- Provide leadership in developing innovative partnerships with health systems and industry for education, practice and research
- Mentor faculty, partners, and students
- Teach courses
- Direct dissertations and practice projects
- Demonstrate excellence in leadership to the profession, university and community
- Serve as an ambassador for the school and university
- Assist with recruiting outstanding faculty and graduate students to the university
- Meet SON criteria for professor rank and tenure status.
- Masters degree in nursing
- Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Nursing academia, health care leadership, or research;
- RN licensure in NC prior to employment start date;
- Proven ability for teaching excellence;
- Sustained publication record
- A history of external funding (grants, contracts and/or collaborative agreements).
- Experience with Interprofessional education and collaboration;
- Experience with research in one of the specialty areas: quality and safety, evidenced-based practice, health systems, health disparities in vulnerable populations, educational innovations, and interprofessional education.
- Visible leadership at national or international levels; and
- Current external funding.
Tenure Status Tenure
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience and education
Org #-Department School of Nursing - 12802
Job Open Date 11/03/2016
For Best Consideration Date 02/20/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu