Assistant Director for Technology Enhanced Pedagogy
Functional Title Assistant Director for Technology Enhanced Pedagogy
Position Type Staff
The mission of the University Teaching and Learning Commons (UTLC) is to enhance UNCG's academic culture by providing our diverse faculty community with innovative research-based programs and services that promote effective teaching and cultivate student academic success. The Teaching Innovations Office is the central faculty development arm of the UTLC and provides university-wide support for a diverse teaching community.
The TIO provides: workshops and certificates in teaching areas, teaching institutes, lectures in effective teaching pedagogy, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) resources and support, community-building events and programs, instructional support, and support for the Residential Colleges Office (RCO) and Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creativity Office (URSCO).
This position is housed within the TIO and serves the faculty development needs of the university in the following ways:
• Provide expertise in the development and delivery of learning experiences within multiple technology platforms.
• Facilitate instructional design (from inception to evaluation) through individual and group support as well as referral to campus resources.
• Investigate and cultivate innovative teaching technology tools with campus.
• Work collaboratively with campus partners.
• Support faculty in the exploration and integration of teaching technology into the curriculum
• Assist the Coordinator of the Teaching Innovations Office in the support of faculty development initiatives throughout campus.
• Teach up to two courses per academic year in support of the University's educational mission as time and opportunity allow.
Master's Degree with five years of experience.
Experience working with faculty in incorporating technology in the classroom.
Instructional design experience.
Ability to collaborate in a team and work independently.
Ph.D, or terminal degree in an appropriate area for teaching undergraduates.
Teaching experience, particularly at the undergraduate level.
Experience with Learning Management Systems, particularly Canvas.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interviews will require a full business day; includes a panel interview, an hour-long workshop demonstration as well as a mock course consultation.
Recruitment Range $54,869 - $60,356
Org #-Department University Teaching & Learning Commons - 10901
Job Open Date 03/27/2017
For Best Consideration Date 04/17/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Teaching Philosophy
- Link to Professional Portfolio
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a permanent, time-limited or RIF employee of UNCG?
- No Response
- * Please indicate your Master or PhD program concentration.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience working with teaching and research faculty.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- No Answer
- UNCG Website
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- National Association of Asian American Professionals
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu