Director for Networking and Systems Administration
This is a position of substantial responsibility and visibility working in a very dynamic higher education environment. Applicants should have a record of increasingly responsible management experience, preferably in an academic environment, with demonstrated skills in planning, budgeting and cost containment, organizational leadership, staff development, and team-building. In order to be considered, applicants must have exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated commitment to customer service, excellence, and teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to responsibilities of the position
- Minimum of ten years intensive professional experience in one or more areas of technology under the responsibility of this position
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated, effective leadership / supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, systems thinking, and strategic planning ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both highly technical and non-technical audiences.
- Very strong knowledge and experience concerning information technology generally, and a clear understanding and appreciation of the technology issues facing higher education.
- In-depth experience in the specific technologies under the responsibilities of this position (e.g. network infrastructure, MS AD / Exchange, WiFi networking, video and voice over IP, network and systems security, server planning and management, data center operations, business continuity, etc.).
- Master's degree, fifteen years of intensive professional experience in information technology, and ten years of experience leading technology organizations.
- Professional technology certification (e.g. MCSE or similar).
- Substantial project management experience, training and/or certification.
- Significant higher education experience strongly preferred.
- Firm understanding of change management and organizational development.
- Security clearance, or the ability to obtain that clearance.
Stevens Institute of Technology is a research intensive institution, but with a very strong focus on excellent teaching and learning. Stevens is home to numerous research centers, including two recognized as national models of excellence by Homeland Security and the Department of Defense. Stevens is recognized as one of the top 100 institutions nationally in US News rankings. Stevens is also consistently ranked among the top institutions in the nation for educational return on investment (ROI), and our graduates have distinguished themselves as leaders in business, technology, and innovation.
In 2012, Stevens embarked on a new institutional strategic plan: The Future. Ours to Create. Under this ten-year plan, Stevens will grow and advance nationally as an institution of even greater recognition for excellence in education and research. Information technology is one of the central components of this plan. The Board of Trustees of Stevens also approved a strategic plan for information technology in 2013 that charts an exciting and ambitious path to excellence and national distinction. In addition, Stevens has received two competitively awarded grants for information technology by the state of New Jersey totaling $7.25M. Over the course of Stevens' strategic plan, nearly all of the Institute's information technology and systems will be replaced and enhanced, with a goal of establishing the university as a national leader in excellence and innovation in information technology, particularly in support of education and research.
Hoboken, New Jersey, home to Stevens Institute of Technology, is a vibrant and growing city of families and professionals with an excellent standard of living. Hoboken is also adjacent to New York City and within easy reach of nearly all Northeast and Mid-Atlantic destinations. As such, Hoboken boasts excellent livability, including culture, dining, sports, and a variety of other offerings and experiences.
Stevens Institute of Technology
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.