The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks a highly ethical, caring, and energetic leader to serve as the President/CEO of Big Sandy Community and Technical College in Prestonsburg, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and strategic goals needed for BSCTC to be the first choice for area students. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC) is one of the 16 colleges. BSCTC enrolls 5,057 students on an annual basis, has 4 campuses (1 in Prestonsburg; 3 in adjacent counties) and serves Workforce clients with customized instructional programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the BSCTC Board of Directors and Foundation Board, comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College provides accessible quality educational opportunities for student success, promotes economic growth and enhances the quality of life of its constituents.
• Add value to the region through excellence in teaching and learning.
• Promote regional growth through community, workforce and economic development.
• Provide innovative and affordable learning opportunities for academic scholarship and professional success.
• Support civic and cultural vitality to promote quality of place
As the region’s premier community and technical college, Big Sandy Community and Technical College will continue to be recognized as the first choice for higher education; academic achievement; cultural enrichment; student success; and community, workforce and economic development.
• Continuous Improvement
• Intellectual Pursuit
• Sustainable Use of Resources
• Committed to faculty and staff
• Be transparent
• Ability to increase student recruitment & enrollment
• Financial management experience including budgeting & fund allocation
• Understands performance based funding
• A visionary with the ability to embrace & manage change
• Understands the needs of all communities served
• Understands & appreciates the culture of the area
• Strong fundraising capabilities
• Able to unite the region & community
• Be highly visible & active in the community
• Experience with establishment of workforce development programs & technical education
• Appreciates diversity & fosters inclusiveness
• Understanding of and ability to work within the KCTCS System
• Ability to strengthen the relationship within the college community & service area to include K-12 partnerships
• Ensure the college is partnering with & offering Shaping our Appalachian Region (SOAR) programs that meet the needs of the community
• Understands and appreciates the arts
1. An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
2. Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
3. An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization
Applicants will submit for review the following:
1 A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
2 A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
3. All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on April 28, 2017.
The review of applications will begin May 2, 2017. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10-minute video presentation.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources Job #9750X
300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
For more information regarding this position, please visit the Big Sandy Presidential Search webpage at https://bigsandy.kctcs.edu/presidential_search
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability,
family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.