Based in Alexandria, Ontario, KP Windows is a high quality manufacturer of windows and patio doors. KP is part of the Kaycan Group of Companies, a leader in building product. With more than 2000 employees amongst 18 manufacturing plants and 60 distribution centers across North America, we distinguish ourselves by a rich market reputation built on rigorous service excellence for over 40 years.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Industrial Engineer, with the following responsibilities:
- Support lean manufacturing projects
- Help develop labor performance standards
- Support plant finance teams to establish product yield standards
- Support and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Determine best line balance to maximize production line efficiency
- Analyze manufacturing variances and provide recommendations for improvement
- Support training on plant performance measurement systems
- Assist with product cost estimates
- Assist with capital expenditure projects and others as deemed necessary
- Post-secondary Education in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering Program
- Minimum 3-5 yrs experience
- Project management skills
- Must have knowledge and understanding of various manufacturing and reporting systems as well as a general understanding of manufacturing principles (Lean, productivity, quality and safety, TAKT Time, VSM data gathering, KPI's)
- Requires interaction with PC's and Software Applications (MS Office, Access, Excel, AutoCAD, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentations skills
- Strong leadership and team skills.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
- An organized self starter with a high energy level
- Ability to work as a member of a small team and with minimal supervision
- Experience in a unionized environment would be an asset
Our mission at KP Building Products Ltd. is to offer you the most energy efficient products on the market to help you save on energy costs now and for years to come. Our dedicated team is continually looking for new technologies to make our windows and doors even more energy efficient and environmentally friendly. By choosing Farley products, you are making a decision that will have a positive impact on the environment by reducing your carbon footprint and supporting a company that is dedicated to being environmentally responsible.
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 14:31:08 PDT