IT Support Analyst
The Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine is in search of applicants for the position of IT Support Analyst reporting to the Assistant Director of Information Services. The IT Support Analyst is responsible for supporting the technology needs of our faculty, staff and students working in collaboration with IT personnel. The analyst will be providing onsite classroom technology and learning management system support via phone, email, and in person for issues associated with software, desktop computer hardware, AV technology, mobile devices and copiers/printers.
A successful candidate must possess the ability to problem solve, be excited by technology and provide hardware/software/audiovisual technical support with high quality customer service, as outlined below:
- thoroughly tracking, resolving or escalating technical problems and communicating across institutions,
- performing classroom checks for software upgrades, device replacement, troubleshooting and coordinating repair of all classroom related technology,
- proactively monitoring and maintaining organized computing environments to ensure security, stability and functionality of technology equipment.
- providing training for classroom technology to faculty, staff and students, as needed, and prepare and distribute instructional documentation to users.
- setup, monitor, and manage multifunctional copiers/printers, including troubleshooting issues, student printing terminals and associated printing software.
- track and maintain inventory of technology equipment within the School of Medicine building. Configuring and maintaining laptops and wireless devices for loan.
- Complete other related projects as assigned by Assistant Director of Information Services.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, technology or related field required. Minimum of 2-3 years of advanced technical support experience and administering devices in an Active Directory environment is required. Experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting software across a wide variety of platforms. Excellent organizational, time management, communication and customer service skills and the ability to multi-task, required.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Software, Adobe Creative Suite, Enterprise Software Deployment and Configuration Management experience. Experience with building and maintaining databases in MS Access or similar database management systems, a plus. Experience with incident management system to track and resolve issues, a plus. Experience with A\V conference equipment and web conferencing support experience, a plus.
Experience with scripting languages (shell, python), a plus.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to: School of Medicine Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Apply for IT Support Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly