Professor in Interior Design
Applicants are expected to possess expertise and academic experience within the area of interior design, interior architecture, and/or spacial design. The candidate should have excellent communication skills, and would contribute to the teaching and research profiles of the Interior Design department at The Centro Roberto Garza Sada / University of Monterrey, Mexico http://www.udem.edu.mx/Eng/CRGS/Pages/CRGS.aspx?VarEN= which offers a BFA in Interior Design.
The appointee will be expected to contribute with the development of undergraduate courses, establish a program of scholarly activity and publish research material alligned with the department and university research standards. It is necessary to provide academic leadership and promote publications and other forms of creative productions.
Other activities include seeking outside funding for research and developing ties with local and international design studios, increasing the university's visibility and strength in international connections, contributing to the program and the department's administration and supervising and mentoring research and thesis students.
Terminal Degree or PhD:
- Design / Architecture or similar
- Lecturing, administrative tasks, research, departamental activities.
Courses to teach:
Interior Design Project, Commercial Spaces, Lighting Design, Furniture Design, Residential Spaces, Curatorship and exhibition spaces.
- Technical knowledge regarding interior design projects, knowledge of creative processes
- Competencies: Solid knowledge, honest, team work, proactive.
- Comfortable with Mexican culture and living in Mexico.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Spanish is not a requirement
Apply for Professor in Interior Design
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly