eLearning Development Specialist
POSITION: eLearning Development Specialist
APPOINTMENT: Full Time, Regular Status
LOCATION: San Dimas, CA
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
This is the most exciting time to be working at University College at Azusa Pacific University! With our team of dedicated professionals and faculty, we are creating a new hope for the future by investing in lives through learning pathways that are Christ-centered, flexible and accessible.
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days Paid Time Off per year, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance
Under the direction of elearning management team, the eLearning Development Specialist 1 collaborates with other elearning team members to construct online courses in the university learning management platform. Course construction includes converting digital content and media files into online learning media formats for integration into an online course shell. Digital content includes surveys, forms, data gathering instruments, presentation media, video, audio or other digital resources and functional components following established best practices.
Required Experience / Education
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of UC and the Azusa Pacific University System
- Bachelor's degree in instructional technology, web design or related field
- Minimum of two years work experience in supporting online course development
Desired Experience / Education
- Demonstrated experience in production and development of instructional content for web delivery
- Current knowledge of web 2.0 and social media technologies and emerging technologies
- Experience in a production environment for education, training, and/or digital media development
- Competence in developing online courses for delivery in university learning management system
- Prepares, creates and/or converts course content for online delivery on the Moodle learning platform
- Work on multiple courses at a time, developing new courses within a two- to three-month timeframe
- Carrying out other duties and responsibilities assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in an online learning, training, or digital media environment
- Expertise with office applications: word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, charts and/or forms
- Solid and current knowledge of web and social technologies/media
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to maintain high levels of creativity and quality
- Ability to be flexible in work assignments that may require changing priorities regularly
- Ability to work in fast-paced, production environment that requires flexibility and adaptability to change
- Stays on top of assigned work priorities checking in with eLearning leadership to clarify, confirm and strategize about priorities, workload and workflow
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet project deadlines, stay on track, and communicate workflow obstacles while working on assigned projects with efficiency and attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced atmosphere with high standards for quality, accuracy, and innovation
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures in a complex university setting
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership of assigned responsibilities, and work with little supervision
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission
- A “servant’s heart” that delights in providing the highest quality academic support services
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, exercise independent judgment, set priorities, and solve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- GoogleApps / Gmail (desired)
- Office applications software—Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel (required)
- Digital design software – (desired, but not required) any of the following Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat
- Learning Management System—Moodle (preferred)
- Media Technologies – video and audio capturing/editing software, graphic design, HTML, social media, online hosting services, such as Youtube®, Vimeo, Brightcove, etc.
University College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors, as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and University College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.